Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- Credit: Danny Loo
The A1(M) is now open southbound between J6 - J4 near Hatfield following a serious collision.
The road was closed this morning around 4am after a road traffic collision left a man trapped in a car.
Herts police attended the scene at the time, diverting traffic via the solid circle.
A spokesperson for Herts police said: "Police were called at around 3.30am today (Monday January 25) following a road traffic collision on the A1(M) southbound, between junctions 5 and 4.
"One vehicle was involved and a man was left trapped inside.
"Officers attended, alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulance services. Road closures were put in place between Junctions 6 and 4 while emergency services worked at the scene.
"The man was taken to hospital where he remains at this time. The carriageway was reopened at around 10.20am."
- 1 Welwyn Hatfield MP receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccination
- 2 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 3 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 4 Can you name Welwyn Garden City's newest fire engine?
- 5 Coronavirus cases in Welwyn Hatfield now level with England average
- 6 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 7 Council tax increase set to fund county, borough and police services
- 8 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides
- 9 Matt Ball: Why non-league clubs should do more with their clubhouse and bar
- 10 Ford Fiesta latest vehicle to be damaged after spate of vandalism in Hatfield