Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- Credit: Danny Loo
The A1(M) is now open southbound between J6 - J4 near Hatfield following a serious collision.
The road was closed this morning around 4am after a road traffic collision left a man trapped in a car.
Herts police attended the scene at the time, diverting traffic via the solid circle.
A spokesperson for Herts police said: "Police were called at around 3.30am today (Monday January 25) following a road traffic collision on the A1(M) southbound, between junctions 5 and 4.
"One vehicle was involved and a man was left trapped inside.
"Officers attended, alongside colleagues from the fire and ambulance services. Road closures were put in place between Junctions 6 and 4 while emergency services worked at the scene.
"The man was taken to hospital where he remains at this time. The carriageway was reopened at around 10.20am."
- 1 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 3 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 4 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 5 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 6 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 7 County lines drug dealer jailed for more than seven years
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash