Warning over A1000 Welwyn Hatfield delays and M25 traffic jam
- Credit: Archant
Herts County Council Highways is warning of unusually heavy traffic on the A1000 Great North Road in Welwyn Hatfield this morning.
HCC Highways tweeted; “LONG DELAYS: A1000 Great North Rd, north bound and south bound, #PottersBar, #Hatfield.
“Delays of 21 minutes on the B157 heading towards A1000.
“No report as to what is causing these delays at present.
“Updates to follow.”
You may also want to watch:
The M25 has also been struggling this morning after a vehicle broke down and had to be towed to safety.
All lanes have now reopened anti-clockwise between Junction 25, for the A10 and Waltham Cross, and Junction 24, for Potters Bar.
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 6 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
Highways England is warning of congestion back to Junction 27 for the M11 in Essex with journeys taking 40 minutes longer than usual.