Warning over A1000 Welwyn Hatfield delays and M25 traffic jam
- Credit: Archant
Herts County Council Highways is warning of unusually heavy traffic on the A1000 Great North Road in Welwyn Hatfield this morning.
HCC Highways tweeted; “LONG DELAYS: A1000 Great North Rd, north bound and south bound, #PottersBar, #Hatfield.
“Delays of 21 minutes on the B157 heading towards A1000.
“No report as to what is causing these delays at present.
“Updates to follow.”
The M25 has also been struggling this morning after a vehicle broke down and had to be towed to safety.
All lanes have now reopened anti-clockwise between Junction 25, for the A10 and Waltham Cross, and Junction 24, for Potters Bar.
- 1 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 2 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
- 3 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
- 6 Autism wellbeing event coming to Welwyn Garden City
- 7 Village off-licence at risk from plans for rival outlet
- 8 New safety signage installed at Stanborough Lakes
- 9 Nissan rolled in three-vehicle crash on M25
- 10 Welwyn Hatfield tops tenant complaint figures for east of England
Highways England is warning of congestion back to Junction 27 for the M11 in Essex with journeys taking 40 minutes longer than usual.