Ruptured water main on A1 causing delays near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A car has hit a water main on the southbound A1 Barnet Bypass, which has closed two lanes in the area.
Delays are still affecting traffic from the A1 southbound, between the South Mimms exit on the M25, and the junctions with the A5135 and A1(M).
The ruptured a water main has also flooded an electricity sub station.
Herts Fire and Rescue and BCH Road Policing is working on fixing it and says there are still lots of hazards in the area.
They also advise that motorist avoid the A1 for now.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England expects normal traffic conditions to return before 2.45pm.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 5 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire