Ruptured water main on A1 causing delays near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A car has hit a water main on the southbound A1 Barnet Bypass, which has closed two lanes in the area.
Delays are still affecting traffic from the A1 southbound, between the South Mimms exit on the M25, and the junctions with the A5135 and A1(M).
The ruptured a water main has also flooded an electricity sub station.
Herts Fire and Rescue and BCH Road Policing is working on fixing it and says there are still lots of hazards in the area.
They also advise that motorist avoid the A1 for now.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England expects normal traffic conditions to return before 2.45pm.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk