Ruptured water main on A1 causing delays near South Mimms
- Credit: Archant
A car has hit a water main on the southbound A1 Barnet Bypass, which has closed two lanes in the area.
Delays are still affecting traffic from the A1 southbound, between the South Mimms exit on the M25, and the junctions with the A5135 and A1(M).
The ruptured a water main has also flooded an electricity sub station.
Herts Fire and Rescue and BCH Road Policing is working on fixing it and says there are still lots of hazards in the area.
They also advise that motorist avoid the A1 for now.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England expects normal traffic conditions to return before 2.45pm.
- 1 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 5 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 6 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 7 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 8 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 9 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 10 Shoppers encouraged to stay safe as lockdown eases