A1(M) to shut overnight for a week
THE A1(M) will be shut overnight for a week from tomorrow (Sunday) as work on the Hatfield Tunnel continues.
A two-year project to upgrade the tunnel is nearing an end.
And to assist the refurbishment work, the motorway will be closed to traffic during the night until next weekend.
Signed diversions will be in place, taking motorists between junctions two or three, and four, through Hatfield.
The timings of the work are:
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow (Sunday) – 10.30pm to 5.30am
Monday to Thursday – 10pm to 5.30am
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
Friday – 11pm to 6am
Saturday, January 15 – 10pm to 6am
Sunday, January 16 – 10.30pm to 5.30am