A1(M) to shut overnight for a week
THE A1(M) will be shut overnight for a week from tomorrow (Sunday) as work on the Hatfield Tunnel continues.
A two-year project to upgrade the tunnel is nearing an end.
And to assist the refurbishment work, the motorway will be closed to traffic during the night until next weekend.
Signed diversions will be in place, taking motorists between junctions two or three, and four, through Hatfield.
The timings of the work are:
Tomorrow (Sunday) – 10.30pm to 5.30am
Monday to Thursday – 10pm to 5.30am
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 7 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 8 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 9 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 10 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
Friday – 11pm to 6am
Saturday, January 15 – 10pm to 6am
Sunday, January 16 – 10.30pm to 5.30am