A1(M) to shut overnight for a week
THE A1(M) will be shut overnight for a week from tomorrow (Sunday) as work on the Hatfield Tunnel continues.
A two-year project to upgrade the tunnel is nearing an end.
And to assist the refurbishment work, the motorway will be closed to traffic during the night until next weekend.
Signed diversions will be in place, taking motorists between junctions two or three, and four, through Hatfield.
The timings of the work are:
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow (Sunday) – 10.30pm to 5.30am
Monday to Thursday – 10pm to 5.30am
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 10 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
Friday – 11pm to 6am
Saturday, January 15 – 10pm to 6am
Sunday, January 16 – 10.30pm to 5.30am