A1(M) to close in both directions between Hatfield and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) will be closed for two nights between Junction 4 (Hatfield) and Junction 6 (Welwyn)
The work, which is to install two gantries, will start tomorrow (Tuesday) from 10pm.
It is expected to finish each morning at 5am.
Highways England project manager Mark Saunders, said: “This work is necessary to complete the gantry work on the A1(M) and will involve using a crane to lift the gantries into place.
“We’re advising people to allow extra time for their journeys when the closures are taking place, although we’ve deliberately timed the work to be carried out when traffic levels are at their lowest and overnight.”
You may also want to watch:
During the closures traffic will be diverted via the B197, Digswell Hill, and A6129.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 7 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 8 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 9 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign