A1(M) to close in both directions between Hatfield and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) will be closed for two nights between Junction 4 (Hatfield) and Junction 6 (Welwyn)
The work, which is to install two gantries, will start tomorrow (Tuesday) from 10pm.
It is expected to finish each morning at 5am.
Highways England project manager Mark Saunders, said: “This work is necessary to complete the gantry work on the A1(M) and will involve using a crane to lift the gantries into place.
“We’re advising people to allow extra time for their journeys when the closures are taking place, although we’ve deliberately timed the work to be carried out when traffic levels are at their lowest and overnight.”
You may also want to watch:
During the closures traffic will be diverted via the B197, Digswell Hill, and A6129.
- 1 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 2 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 5 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 9 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone