A1(M) to close in both directions between Hatfield and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) will be closed for two nights between Junction 4 (Hatfield) and Junction 6 (Welwyn)
The work, which is to install two gantries, will start tomorrow (Tuesday) from 10pm.
It is expected to finish each morning at 5am.
Highways England project manager Mark Saunders, said: “This work is necessary to complete the gantry work on the A1(M) and will involve using a crane to lift the gantries into place.
“We’re advising people to allow extra time for their journeys when the closures are taking place, although we’ve deliberately timed the work to be carried out when traffic levels are at their lowest and overnight.”
You may also want to watch:
During the closures traffic will be diverted via the B197, Digswell Hill, and A6129.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 9 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital