A1(M) to close in both directions between Hatfield and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
The A1(M) will be closed for two nights between Junction 4 (Hatfield) and Junction 6 (Welwyn)
The work, which is to install two gantries, will start tomorrow (Tuesday) from 10pm.
It is expected to finish each morning at 5am.
Highways England project manager Mark Saunders, said: “This work is necessary to complete the gantry work on the A1(M) and will involve using a crane to lift the gantries into place.
“We’re advising people to allow extra time for their journeys when the closures are taking place, although we’ve deliberately timed the work to be carried out when traffic levels are at their lowest and overnight.”
You may also want to watch:
During the closures traffic will be diverted via the B197, Digswell Hill, and A6129.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 5 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 8 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 9 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar