A1(M) road closures continue overnight this week
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that overnight carriageway closures will resume on the A1(M) in Hertfordshire this week.
Ongoing road resurfacing will continue on the A1(M) southbound between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn from this evening (Monday).
The Highways Agency work to resurface the carriageway is scheduled to take place until September 15.
The works will be carried out on week nights only between 8pm and 5am.
The southbound A1(M) will be closed between the Junction 7 exit slip road to Junction 6 (Welwyn) entry slip road, with traffic being diverted via the A602 and B197 through Knebworth, to rejoin the A1(M) at Junction 6.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers intending to travel on the A1(M) are advised to plan their journeys and allow some extra time to reach their destinations.
* Live traffic information is available on the Highways Agency website and mobile app, and drivers can also listen to traffic bulletins on local radio for updates.
Motorists can also follow updates on Twitter. For information on roads in the East, follow @HAtraffic_east or for the full index visit www.highways.gov.uk/twitter
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 5 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 6 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 10 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home