A1(M) road closures continue overnight this week
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that overnight carriageway closures will resume on the A1(M) in Hertfordshire this week.
Ongoing road resurfacing will continue on the A1(M) southbound between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn from this evening (Monday).
The Highways Agency work to resurface the carriageway is scheduled to take place until September 15.
The works will be carried out on week nights only between 8pm and 5am.
The southbound A1(M) will be closed between the Junction 7 exit slip road to Junction 6 (Welwyn) entry slip road, with traffic being diverted via the A602 and B197 through Knebworth, to rejoin the A1(M) at Junction 6.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers intending to travel on the A1(M) are advised to plan their journeys and allow some extra time to reach their destinations.
* Live traffic information is available on the Highways Agency website and mobile app, and drivers can also listen to traffic bulletins on local radio for updates.
Motorists can also follow updates on Twitter. For information on roads in the East, follow @HAtraffic_east or for the full index visit www.highways.gov.uk/twitter
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party