A1(M) road closures continue overnight this week
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that overnight carriageway closures will resume on the A1(M) in Hertfordshire this week.
Ongoing road resurfacing will continue on the A1(M) southbound between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn from this evening (Monday).
The Highways Agency work to resurface the carriageway is scheduled to take place until September 15.
The works will be carried out on week nights only between 8pm and 5am.
The southbound A1(M) will be closed between the Junction 7 exit slip road to Junction 6 (Welwyn) entry slip road, with traffic being diverted via the A602 and B197 through Knebworth, to rejoin the A1(M) at Junction 6.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers intending to travel on the A1(M) are advised to plan their journeys and allow some extra time to reach their destinations.
* Live traffic information is available on the Highways Agency website and mobile app, and drivers can also listen to traffic bulletins on local radio for updates.
Motorists can also follow updates on Twitter. For information on roads in the East, follow @HAtraffic_east or for the full index visit www.highways.gov.uk/twitter
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 3 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 4 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 9 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 10 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'