A1(M) road closures continue overnight this week
- Credit: Archant
Motorists are being warned that overnight carriageway closures will resume on the A1(M) in Hertfordshire this week.
Ongoing road resurfacing will continue on the A1(M) southbound between Junction 7 for Stevenage and Junction 6 for Welwyn from this evening (Monday).
The Highways Agency work to resurface the carriageway is scheduled to take place until September 15.
The works will be carried out on week nights only between 8pm and 5am.
The southbound A1(M) will be closed between the Junction 7 exit slip road to Junction 6 (Welwyn) entry slip road, with traffic being diverted via the A602 and B197 through Knebworth, to rejoin the A1(M) at Junction 6.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers intending to travel on the A1(M) are advised to plan their journeys and allow some extra time to reach their destinations.
* Live traffic information is available on the Highways Agency website and mobile app, and drivers can also listen to traffic bulletins on local radio for updates.
Motorists can also follow updates on Twitter. For information on roads in the East, follow @HAtraffic_east or for the full index visit www.highways.gov.uk/twitter
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield