A1(M) lane closures tonight at Welwyn for urgent repairs
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned of overnight lane closures on the A1(M) near Welwyn tonight (Thursday) for urgent repairs.
Road users are advised that there will be lane closures and a slip road closure northbound on the A1(M) at Junction 6 (Welwyn) for one night to carry out essential repairs.
The work will consist of urgent carriageway repairs to a 70m patch in lane two of the exit slip road of the northbound A1(M) at Junction 6.
The slip road, lanes one and two will be closed from 10pm until 5am tomorrow (Friday) morning.
According to Highways England, during the closure, traffic will be diverted to continue on the A1(M) and leave at Junction 7 for Stevenage, where they will turn back onto the southbound carriageway to head back towards Junction 6.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists affected by this work are advised to plan ahead and allow extra time for travel.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022