A1(M) lane closures tonight at Welwyn for urgent repairs
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned of overnight lane closures on the A1(M) near Welwyn tonight (Thursday) for urgent repairs.
Road users are advised that there will be lane closures and a slip road closure northbound on the A1(M) at Junction 6 (Welwyn) for one night to carry out essential repairs.
The work will consist of urgent carriageway repairs to a 70m patch in lane two of the exit slip road of the northbound A1(M) at Junction 6.
The slip road, lanes one and two will be closed from 10pm until 5am tomorrow (Friday) morning.
According to Highways England, during the closure, traffic will be diverted to continue on the A1(M) and leave at Junction 7 for Stevenage, where they will turn back onto the southbound carriageway to head back towards Junction 6.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists affected by this work are advised to plan ahead and allow extra time for travel.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 6 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College