A1(M) lane closures tonight at Welwyn for urgent repairs
- Credit: Archant
Drivers are being warned of overnight lane closures on the A1(M) near Welwyn tonight (Thursday) for urgent repairs.
Road users are advised that there will be lane closures and a slip road closure northbound on the A1(M) at Junction 6 (Welwyn) for one night to carry out essential repairs.
The work will consist of urgent carriageway repairs to a 70m patch in lane two of the exit slip road of the northbound A1(M) at Junction 6.
The slip road, lanes one and two will be closed from 10pm until 5am tomorrow (Friday) morning.
According to Highways England, during the closure, traffic will be diverted to continue on the A1(M) and leave at Junction 7 for Stevenage, where they will turn back onto the southbound carriageway to head back towards Junction 6.
You may also want to watch:
Motorists affected by this work are advised to plan ahead and allow extra time for travel.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced