A1(M) lane closures at Hatfield, Welwyn Garden and Welwyn
- Credit: Archant
Motorists travelling between Hatfield and Welwyn are warned of lane closures on the A1(M) for emergency barrier repairs and litter picks.
Highways England has stated that lane three of the southbound carriageway at Junction 6 for WGC North/Welwyn will be closed from 8pm tonight until 4am tomorrow while emergency barrier repair work takes place.
From 10pm tonight until 5am tomorrow there will be a litter clearance on the A1(M) entry slip road at Junction 5 for Welwyn Garden City. One of the two lanes will be closed.
This is planned until 5am.
From 10pm tomorrow until 5am on Friday, there will be a litter pick on the A1(M) northbound at Junction 6 for WGC North/Welwyn.
You may also want to watch:
Lane one will be open, but lane two will be closed.
During the same time frame, there will also be a litter clearance between Junctions 4 and 5, for Hatfield North and Welwyn Garden City, on the northbound carriageway.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
Lane one will be closed, while the two other lanes will be open.