A1(M) southbound closed between Welwyn Garden City and Stevenage following car crash and vehicle fire
- Credit: Archant
A crash and vehicle fire saw the A1(M) towards Welwyn Garden City closed overnight and into rush hour.
The collision happened between junction seven and six at about 10pm last night.
Firefighting crews from Stevenage and Hitchin rushed to the scene, along with other emergency services.
Traffic queues are currently stretching up to junction nine.
Highways England report that the road was closed in both directions to allow police officers to investigate the scene, but they have now both reopened.
You may also want to watch:
Herts Fire and Rescue Service were also called to a separate crash on the A1(M) last night, at about 10pm, which saw multiple vehicles in a collision between junctions three and four.
Crews from Hatfield, St Albans and Borehamwood attended that incident.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 5 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 6 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 9 Everyone invited to Hatfield rail tragedy remembrance service
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
More information on these as it becomes available.