A1(M) bridge to close overnight for nine nights
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks on the A1(M) will close a section of the dual carriage from tonight (Monday) for nine days when essential work is carried out overnight.
Maintenance will be carried out on the A414/A6129 bridge at Junction 4 (Oldings Corner) from today for until December 18.
Joints on the structure will be replaced closing the road from 10pm to 5.30am.
A diversion will be in place for drivers.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Project Sponsor said: “These joints allow the bridge to adapt to changes in temperature without causing damage to the road surface.
You may also want to watch:
“Once completed the bridge will continue to provide safe journeys over the A1(M).
“We have planned the work to minimise disruption and that is why we will be carrying out the maintenance work overnight, when traffic flows are at their lowest.”
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 7 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 8 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 9 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 10 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man