A1(M) bridge to close overnight for nine nights
- Credit: Archant
Roadworks on the A1(M) will close a section of the dual carriage from tonight (Monday) for nine days when essential work is carried out overnight.
Maintenance will be carried out on the A414/A6129 bridge at Junction 4 (Oldings Corner) from today for until December 18.
Joints on the structure will be replaced closing the road from 10pm to 5.30am.
A diversion will be in place for drivers.
Stephen Hall, Highways Agency Project Sponsor said: “These joints allow the bridge to adapt to changes in temperature without causing damage to the road surface.
You may also want to watch:
“Once completed the bridge will continue to provide safe journeys over the A1(M).
“We have planned the work to minimise disruption and that is why we will be carrying out the maintenance work overnight, when traffic flows are at their lowest.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn