A capital offence in Hatfield?
- Credit: Archant
A month before the official opening of a grand new building used by hundreds every day in Hatfield, controversy rages - station or Station?
According to sharp-eyed former borough councillor Bukky Olawoyin, the signs proclaiming “Hatfield station” are incorrect.
He tweeted train operator Govia: “Please can you help capitalise our Station? Hatfield deserves better.”
The consensus in the Welwyn Hatfield Times newsroom supports him, on the grounds that the proper noun consists of two words.
But a spokesman for train operator Govia said the lower case letter was “corporate branding”, pointing out it is consistent with Wikipedia’s style for all stations.
You may also want to watch:
The project caused prolonged traffic disruption, damaging trade for many Old Hatfield businesses, but the new building is set to be formally opened in late March.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes