Traffic delays after A1(M) crash
A MAN has been hospitalised after a crash on the A1(M) which is causing long tailbacks.
The accident happened at around 1.25pm today (Thursday) on the northbound carriageway between junction four Hatfield and junction six Welwyn.
A Renault Megane collided with an HGV, coming off the road and rolling down an embankment.
The resulting debris from the crash led police closing off the road. It was reopened at around 3pm.
Ambulance crews from Hertford and WGC attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On our arrival a 26-year-old man was able to free himself from the car and get up the embankment where he was treated by paramedics.
“Following this, he was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage with minor injuries.”
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best