Traffic back to normal after A1(M) pile-up near Welwyn
TRAFFIC has returned to normal on the A1(M) after a three car pile-up caused chaos during rush hour this morning (Thursday). According to police, a white
TRAFFIC has returned to normal on the A1(M) after a three car pile-up caused chaos during rush hour this morning (Thursday).
According to police, a white Citroen ZX, a white Ford Transit Van and a silver BMW coupe were involved in the collision, which took place at around 8am on the northbound carriageway near J6 for Welwyn.
An ambulance was called and one motorist was treated for minor injuries.
A police spokeswoman said the motorway was re-opened at 9.07am.
You may also want to watch:
She added earlier reports that a fourth vehicle - a black Nissan Navara - was also involved were unfounded.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank