Tory leader David Cameron wades into Myleene Klass knife row
Tory leader David Cameron has criticised the police’s treatment of TV presenter and former Hear’Say singer Myleene Klass, after a knife incident.
Myleene waved a knife through her kitchen window at two men who had broken into her Northaw home on Friday.
She was then said to have been given a “ticking off” by officers for using an offensive weapon in her own home – something Hertfordshire Constabulary deny.
Speaking on ITV’s This Morning yesterday (Tuesday), Mr Cameron admitted he did not know all the details of the case, but said that on the surface the facts seemed “ridiculous”.
He said: “I think it is ridiculous to complain about someone who is obviously worried about what people were threatening her with.
You may also want to watch:
“Sometimes the police do seem to do things that slightly fly in the face of common sense.”
The Conservative Party leader added: “I don’t know the facts of the case and sometimes when you look at these cases and you find a bit more detail, you find it is not quite... what it appears.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
“But we want some common sense in policing.
“One of the things that has gone wrong with all this red tape and form filling is that we are taking away discretion from the nurse, the teacher, the doctor, the police officer.
“We have got to give them back that discretion.”
Marks & Spencer model Myleene, who was at home with her daughter Ava upstairs at the time of the incident, told a national newspaper on Monday she had “no regrets” at doing “what any other mother would do”!