Tornado to steam through Welwyn Hatfield again
A TORNADO will be hitting WGC this weekend. But don t worry this is not a weather forecast, merely news of a steam train storming through Times Territory. Tornado, the �3m first new mainline steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years, wi
A TORNADO will be hitting WGC this weekend.
But don't worry this is not a weather forecast, merely news of a steam train storming through Times Territory.
Tornado, the �3m first new mainline steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years, will haul the Yorkshire Pullman from London King's Cross to York tomorrow (Saturday), departing at 9.18am.
She is expected to pass through Times Territory - including Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Hatfield, WGC, Welwyn North, and Knebworth stations - from about 9.40am, at speeds up to 75mph.
You may also want to watch:
It will be Tornado's second journey through the area, following her historic first trip on February 7.
A spokesman for the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust urged people not to wander illegally onto the track to take pictures, after previous trips had been disrupted by such acts.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 10 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide