Tornado to steam through Welwyn Hatfield again
A TORNADO will be hitting WGC this weekend. But don t worry this is not a weather forecast, merely news of a steam train storming through Times Territory. Tornado, the �3m first new mainline steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years, wi
A TORNADO will be hitting WGC this weekend.
But don't worry this is not a weather forecast, merely news of a steam train storming through Times Territory.
Tornado, the �3m first new mainline steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years, will haul the Yorkshire Pullman from London King's Cross to York tomorrow (Saturday), departing at 9.18am.
She is expected to pass through Times Territory - including Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Hatfield, WGC, Welwyn North, and Knebworth stations - from about 9.40am, at speeds up to 75mph.
You may also want to watch:
It will be Tornado's second journey through the area, following her historic first trip on February 7.
A spokesman for the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust urged people not to wander illegally onto the track to take pictures, after previous trips had been disrupted by such acts.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 10 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022