Tornado to steam through Welwyn Hatfield again
A TORNADO will be hitting WGC this weekend. But don t worry this is not a weather forecast, merely news of a steam train storming through Times Territory. Tornado, the �3m first new mainline steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years, wi
A TORNADO will be hitting WGC this weekend.
But don't worry this is not a weather forecast, merely news of a steam train storming through Times Territory.
Tornado, the �3m first new mainline steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years, will haul the Yorkshire Pullman from London King's Cross to York tomorrow (Saturday), departing at 9.18am.
She is expected to pass through Times Territory - including Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Hatfield, WGC, Welwyn North, and Knebworth stations - from about 9.40am, at speeds up to 75mph.
You may also want to watch:
It will be Tornado's second journey through the area, following her historic first trip on February 7.
A spokesman for the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust urged people not to wander illegally onto the track to take pictures, after previous trips had been disrupted by such acts.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced