Tornado to steam through Welwyn Hatfield again
A TORNADO will be hitting WGC this weekend. But don t worry this is not a weather forecast, merely news of a steam train storming through Times Territory. Tornado, the �3m first new mainline steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years, wi
A TORNADO will be hitting WGC this weekend.
But don't worry this is not a weather forecast, merely news of a steam train storming through Times Territory.
Tornado, the �3m first new mainline steam locomotive to be built in Britain for almost 50 years, will haul the Yorkshire Pullman from London King's Cross to York tomorrow (Saturday), departing at 9.18am.
She is expected to pass through Times Territory - including Potters Bar, Brookmans Park, Welham Green, Hatfield, WGC, Welwyn North, and Knebworth stations - from about 9.40am, at speeds up to 75mph.
It will be Tornado's second journey through the area, following her historic first trip on February 7.
A spokesman for the A1 Steam Locomotive Trust urged people not to wander illegally onto the track to take pictures, after previous trips had been disrupted by such acts.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 5 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 8 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed for more than seven years