Tornado to pass through Potters Bar tomorrow
THE first main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for nearly 50 years will be chugging through Potters Bar tomorrow (Saturday).Tornado, which has been constructed at a cost of �3m, pulled her first train last month before an audience of
THE first main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for nearly 50 years will be chugging through Potters Bar tomorrow (Saturday).
Tornado, which has been constructed at a cost of �3m, pulled her first train last month before an audience of some 10,000 people.
And tomorrow the engine will depart her Darlington home to haul her first train to London.
The train, known as The Talisman, will consist of 13 carriages and will travel at speeds of up to 75mph.
You may also want to watch:
The Talisman will be passing through Potters Bar at 1.17pm, before arriving at King's Cross at 1.47pm.
A spokesman for First Capital Connect, which manages the railway stations in Times Territory, said: "We will be supporting this and hope to have extra staff in place to ensure customers can enjoy the steam train safely."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 5 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 6 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 7 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Report shows staggering increase in fly-tipping across Herts over past year
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
The train's full timetable is shown below:
Leaves Darlington - 7.45am
Passes Northallerton - 8.01am
Passes Thirsk - 8.09am
Passes Tollerton - 8.20am
Arrives York - 8.35am - pick-up platform 11 and waterstop
Leaves York - 8.56am
Passes Doncaster - 9.38am
Waters Retford - 10.04 -10.19am
Passes Newark - 10.41am
Passes Grantham - 10.55am
Waters Peterborough Yard - 11.31 - 11.56am
Passes Peterborough - 12.00pm
Passes Huntingdon - 12.21pm
Passes Sandy - 12.29pm
Passes Biggleswade - 12.34pm
Passes Hitchin - 12.46pm
Passes Stevenage - 12.53pm
Passes WGC - 1.05pm
Passes Potters Bar - 1.17pm
Passes Alexandra Palace - 1.30pm
Passes Finsbury Park - 1.38pm
Arrives London King's Cross - 1.47pm