Tornado to pass through Potters Bar tomorrow
THE first main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for nearly 50 years will be chugging through Potters Bar tomorrow (Saturday).Tornado, which has been constructed at a cost of �3m, pulled her first train last month before an audience of
THE first main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for nearly 50 years will be chugging through Potters Bar tomorrow (Saturday).
Tornado, which has been constructed at a cost of �3m, pulled her first train last month before an audience of some 10,000 people.
And tomorrow the engine will depart her Darlington home to haul her first train to London.
The train, known as The Talisman, will consist of 13 carriages and will travel at speeds of up to 75mph.
The Talisman will be passing through Potters Bar at 1.17pm, before arriving at King's Cross at 1.47pm.
A spokesman for First Capital Connect, which manages the railway stations in Times Territory, said: "We will be supporting this and hope to have extra staff in place to ensure customers can enjoy the steam train safely."
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Tournament's return brings huge joy to Welwyn Garden City Youth Football Club
- 6 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 7 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 8 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 9 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 10 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
The train's full timetable is shown below:
Leaves Darlington - 7.45am
Passes Northallerton - 8.01am
Passes Thirsk - 8.09am
Passes Tollerton - 8.20am
Arrives York - 8.35am - pick-up platform 11 and waterstop
Leaves York - 8.56am
Passes Doncaster - 9.38am
Waters Retford - 10.04 -10.19am
Passes Newark - 10.41am
Passes Grantham - 10.55am
Waters Peterborough Yard - 11.31 - 11.56am
Passes Peterborough - 12.00pm
Passes Huntingdon - 12.21pm
Passes Sandy - 12.29pm
Passes Biggleswade - 12.34pm
Passes Hitchin - 12.46pm
Passes Stevenage - 12.53pm
Passes WGC - 1.05pm
Passes Potters Bar - 1.17pm
Passes Alexandra Palace - 1.30pm
Passes Finsbury Park - 1.38pm
Arrives London King's Cross - 1.47pm