Tornado steam train to pass through Welwyn Hatfield tomorrow
THE first main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for nearly 50 years will be chugging through Welwyn Hatfield tomorrow (Saturday).Tornado, which has been constructed at a cost of �3m, pulled her first train last month before an audience of
THE first main line steam locomotive to be built in Britain for nearly 50 years will be chugging through Welwyn Hatfield tomorrow (Saturday).
Tornado, which has been constructed at a cost of �3m, pulled her first train last month before an audience of some 10,000 people.
And tomorrow the engine will depart her Darlington home to haul her first train to London.
The train, known as The Talisman, will consist of 13 carriages and will travel at speeds of up to 75mph.
You may also want to watch:
The Talisman will be passing through WGC railway station at 1.05pm, Hatfield at 1.10pm and Potters Bar at 1.17pm, before arriving at King's Cross at 1.47pm.
A spokesman for First Capital Connect, which manages the railway stations in Times Territory, said: "We will be supporting this and hope to have extra staff in place to ensure customers can enjoy the steam train safely."
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
The train's full timetable is shown below:
Leaves Darlington - 7.45am
Passes Northallerton - 8.01am
Passes Thirsk - 8.09am
Passes Tollerton - 8.20am
Arrives York - 8.35am - pick-up platform 11 and waterstop
Leaves York - 8.56am
Passes Doncaster - 9.38am
Waters Retford - 10.04 -10.19am
Passes Newark - 10.41am
Passes Grantham - 10.55am
Waters Peterborough Yard - 11.31 - 11.56am
Passes Peterborough - 12.00pm
Passes Huntingdon - 12.21pm
Passes Sandy - 12.29pm
Passes Biggleswade - 12.34pm
Passes Hitchin - 12.46pm
Passes Stevenage - 12.53pm
Passes WGC - 1.05pm
Passes Potters Bar - 1.17pm
Passes Alexandra Palace - 1.30pm
Passes Finsbury Park - 1.38pm
Arrives London King's Cross - 1.47pm