Tories set for Christmas market at Hatfield House
HUNDREDS of people are expected to descend on Hatfield House on Saturday for an annual Christmas market.
And MP Grant Shapps has been helping launch this year’s event by collecting tombola prizes for the big day.
More than a hundred prizes – ranging from a pot in the shape of Santa to teddies and bottles of wine – were donated by residents at a series of coffee mornings across the borough last week.
The market, held in the Old Riding School, last year attracted more than 2,000 people looking for bargains and unique not-in-the-shops Christmas presents.
This year organisers are hoping for more of the same.
You may also want to watch:
The market is run by Welwyn Hatfield Conservative Association, which donates half of the profits to the WGC-based Isabel Hospice.
Mr Shapps said: “The market’s actually been running since the Seventies but in recent years its success has meant we needed to move to a bigger venue.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
“Hatfield House makes an incredible Christmassy setting.
I think over the years the market has made tens of thousands of pounds for the Isabel Hospice, so both as the MP and as a patron of the charity it’s such a pleasure to be involved.”
The market will run from 10.30am to 4pm. Entry is �2 for adults, and free for accompanied children.