Top three home fire hazards revealed
PUBLISHED: 16:01 13 September 2016 | UPDATED: 16:01 13 September 2016
The county’s fire service has revealed the top three fire hazards at home.
The most risky appliance is a dishwasher, which accounted for 13 fires in 2014/15, followed by a washing machine (10), and a tumble dryer (seven).
A spokesman said the fires are particularly dangerous because often these machines are often left unattended.
The county council’s cabinet member for community safety, Richard Thake, said: “Fires in the home can be devastating and they put property and lives in danger. The good news is you can reduce the risk of a home fire by following our safety tips.
“We would also like to remind residents that having a working smoke alarm on every level of your home could give you and your family precious minutes of warning should a fire occur.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.