Top gardening company lands awards treble
A LANDSCAPING company is celebrating after scooping a hat-trick of awards at what has been dubbed the “gardening Oscars”.
Gardens For Life took home three awards at the annual Association of Professional Landscapers (APL) awards last month.
The company, based at The Dutch Nursery in Great North Road, Brookmans Park, was named Overall Supreme Winner, as well as winning the Maintenance award and retaining the Soft Landscaping gong.
Managing director and Times Magazine contributor Antony Henn said: “The APL awards are a bit like the gardening Oscars!
“It’s such a thrill to win the Soft Landscaping category again and this year we won the Maintenance category also.
You may also want to watch:
“To cap it all we were given the Supreme award for our lake planting scheme. It’s given me and the team a tremendous boost.”
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 6 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 9 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 10 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival