Top emerging tenor to sing at Herts club
AN up-and-coming young singer will be the main attraction at Hoddesdon Music Club s March concert next Saturday (March 21). Tenor Ben Johnson, who recently won the Kathleen Ferrier award, will be accompanied by James Southall in the concert at United Ref
AN up-and-coming young singer will be the main attraction at Hoddesdon Music Club's March concert next Saturday (March 21).
Tenor Ben Johnson, who recently won the Kathleen Ferrier award, will be accompanied by James Southall in the concert at United Reformed Church, Mill Lane, Broxbourne.
The concert will consist of a recital of English songs and arias.
Ben Johnson studied singing at the Royal College of Music and graduated with First Class Honours in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
As well as last year's Kathleen Ferrier award, he has also won Lieder Prize, English Song Prize and the singer's prize at the Gerald Moore Award as well as a prize at the Wigmore hall International Song Competition.
He is a recent graduate of the Benjamin Britten International Opera School.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
James Southall is currently pianist for the Welsh National Opera, having recently completed a Masters degree in Piano Accompaniment at the Royal College of Music in London.
James read music at Queens' College, Cambridge and is also a keen cellist and was a member of the National Youth Orchestra of Great Britain.