Tony Blackburn opens Potters Bar medical centre extension
VETERAN radio DJ Tony Blackburn came to Potters Bar this week, to officially open a new extension at a medical centre.
The popular presenter visited Parkfield Medical Centre on Tuesday, to cut the ribbon on the new extension and patient information centre, which aims to improve care services at the facility.
The first ever I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! winner was joined by staff, patients and councillors at The Walk-based centre’s opening ceremony.
Among the guests was Hertsmere deputy mayor and Furzefield ward councillor Peter Knell, who said: “Tony’s such a nice, family man – he’s just very natural.
“I’ve been a member of the medical centre for 41 years, and they have so many patients that they were running out of rooms.
You may also want to watch:
“But now they’ve got more space and enough room for all the doctors. It’s a really nice facility.”
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan