Tony Blackburn opens Potters Bar medical centre extension
VETERAN radio DJ Tony Blackburn came to Potters Bar this week, to officially open a new extension at a medical centre.
The popular presenter visited Parkfield Medical Centre on Tuesday, to cut the ribbon on the new extension and patient information centre, which aims to improve care services at the facility.
The first ever I’m a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! winner was joined by staff, patients and councillors at The Walk-based centre’s opening ceremony.
Among the guests was Hertsmere deputy mayor and Furzefield ward councillor Peter Knell, who said: “Tony’s such a nice, family man – he’s just very natural.
“I’ve been a member of the medical centre for 41 years, and they have so many patients that they were running out of rooms.
You may also want to watch:
“But now they’ve got more space and enough room for all the doctors. It’s a really nice facility.”
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM