Toddler taken to hospital as car flips on A1(M)
A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl and a 24-year-old man have been taken to hospital after their 4x4 flipped on a motorway.
The accident happened yesterday morning (Sunday) on the northbound carriageway, near the slip road of junction 6, at Welwyn.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who was at the scene, said: “Both occupants were very lucky indeed not to have received serious injuries.
“Their 4x4 left the carriageway, went up the embankment colliding with trees, then came to rest upside down on the hard shoulder.”
Both were checked over by paramedics, before being taken to the Lister Hospital, in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the crash involving the blue Toyota RAV4 happened at 10.45am. The road was closed from junction five to six while emergency services worked at the scene.
- 1 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 6 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 7 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 8 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
- 9 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar