Toddler taken to hospital as car flips on A1(M)
A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl and a 24-year-old man have been taken to hospital after their 4x4 flipped on a motorway.
The accident happened yesterday morning (Sunday) on the northbound carriageway, near the slip road of junction 6, at Welwyn.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who was at the scene, said: “Both occupants were very lucky indeed not to have received serious injuries.
“Their 4x4 left the carriageway, went up the embankment colliding with trees, then came to rest upside down on the hard shoulder.”
Both were checked over by paramedics, before being taken to the Lister Hospital, in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the crash involving the blue Toyota RAV4 happened at 10.45am. The road was closed from junction five to six while emergency services worked at the scene.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education