Toddler taken to hospital as car flips on A1(M)
A TWO-YEAR-OLD girl and a 24-year-old man have been taken to hospital after their 4x4 flipped on a motorway.
The accident happened yesterday morning (Sunday) on the northbound carriageway, near the slip road of junction 6, at Welwyn.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson, who was at the scene, said: “Both occupants were very lucky indeed not to have received serious injuries.
“Their 4x4 left the carriageway, went up the embankment colliding with trees, then came to rest upside down on the hard shoulder.”
Both were checked over by paramedics, before being taken to the Lister Hospital, in Stevenage.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the crash involving the blue Toyota RAV4 happened at 10.45am. The road was closed from junction five to six while emergency services worked at the scene.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 4 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 5 What time will the election results come in?
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 8 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 9 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 10 Man found with head injuries following assault