Thunder to be heard at Knebworth's Sonisphere Festival
THE sound of Thunder will be heard in Knebworth at next month s Sonisphere Festival. For the London hard rockers will headline the Bohemia tent at the Hertfordshire stately home. This will be the group s final UK performance. The Welwyn & Hatfield Times u
THE sound of Thunder will be heard in Knebworth at next month's Sonisphere Festival.
For the classic London hard rockers will headline the Bohemia tent at the Hertfordshire stately home.
This will be the group's final UK performance.
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands Sonisphere organisers will officially announce Thunder's appearance tomorrow, although the group have already self-confirmed on their website.
You may also want to watch:
Currently on a farewell tour and a big hit at Donington's Download Festival last month, Thunder will appear on Saturday, August 1 - coming on after main stage headliners Linkin Park have finished their set.
A statement on www.thunderonline.com read: "The band will be headlining the Bohemia tent stage and they will start their show 10 minutes after Linkin Park finish their headlining set on the main stage.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 9 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 10 Father reveals 'toll' his infertility took on his mental health while trying to have a baby
"This really will be the last hurrah!"
Lead singer Danny Bowes added: "It's somehow quite fitting that we'll play our last show in the UK, and having gone there as kids to see the Stones and Led Zeppelin, to do it at Knebworth will be a real thrill.
"Bring it on."
Sonisphere itself will be closed by Metallica with a full set on Sunday, August 2.
Also on the Knebworth bill are Nine Inch Nails, Bullet for My Valentine, Heaven & Hell, Alice In Chains and Limp Bizkit, who were added only last week.