Thunder to be heard at Knebworth's Sonisphere Festival
THE sound of Thunder will be heard in Knebworth at next month s Sonisphere Festival. For the London hard rockers will headline the Bohemia tent at the Hertfordshire stately home. This will be the group s final UK performance. The Welwyn & Hatfield Times u
THE sound of Thunder will be heard in Knebworth at next month's Sonisphere Festival.
For the classic London hard rockers will headline the Bohemia tent at the Hertfordshire stately home.
This will be the group's final UK performance.
The Welwyn & Hatfield Times understands Sonisphere organisers will officially announce Thunder's appearance tomorrow, although the group have already self-confirmed on their website.
You may also want to watch:
Currently on a farewell tour and a big hit at Donington's Download Festival last month, Thunder will appear on Saturday, August 1 - coming on after main stage headliners Linkin Park have finished their set.
A statement on www.thunderonline.com read: "The band will be headlining the Bohemia tent stage and they will start their show 10 minutes after Linkin Park finish their headlining set on the main stage.
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
- 7 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 8 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 9 Student union apologises after controversial ‘Solidarity with Palestine’ post
- 10 Mother speaks out after garden centre breastfeeding dispute 'mishandled at every stage'
"This really will be the last hurrah!"
Lead singer Danny Bowes added: "It's somehow quite fitting that we'll play our last show in the UK, and having gone there as kids to see the Stones and Led Zeppelin, to do it at Knebworth will be a real thrill.
"Bring it on."
Sonisphere itself will be closed by Metallica with a full set on Sunday, August 2.
Also on the Knebworth bill are Nine Inch Nails, Bullet for My Valentine, Heaven & Hell, Alice In Chains and Limp Bizkit, who were added only last week.