Thumbs-up for Hatfield shopping parade revamp
“EXCITING” plans to redevelop an area of Hatfield have been approved, writes Ross Logan.
Members of Welwyn Hatfield Council’s cabinet planning and transportation committee were unanimous in their praise for the scheme to revamp the Hilltop shopping parade in High View, Hatfield.
The new development – highlighted in last week’s WHT – would create new housing, retail units and a medical centre, and provide the Jim McDonald Centre with better access to the shops.
The plans also give McMullen, owners of The Harrier pub, the option to redevelop the site to create a more compact pub with car parking, a beer garden and a residential element.
Speaking at Wednesday’s committee meeting, cllr Mandy Perkins said: “I think this is a really, really exciting proposal for High View, and I’m pleased to hear that it is financially viable.”
You may also want to watch:
The options for the development will now be shown to residents and businesses next month.
A number of consultation events will be held between Monday, April 19 and Friday April 23, including public drop in days at the Jim McDonald Centre, meetings with High View businesses and a focus group with University of Hertfordshire students who live in the area.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 8 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 9 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog