Thugs throw ice at lorry on A1(M)
YOBS who hurled a lump of ice at a lorry on a busy motorway are being hunted by police. The white lorry had just exited the Hatfield Tunnel travelling north on the A1(M) when the ice block landed in front of the cab. The driver was unhurt, but his vehicle
YOBS who hurled a lump of ice at a lorry on a busy motorway are being hunted by police.
The white lorry had just exited the Hatfield Tunnel travelling north on the A1(M) when the ice block landed in front of the cab.
The driver was unhurt, but his vehicle's windscreen was damaged in the terrifying incident, at 3pm on Friday.
Police said the lump of ice was thrown from a footbridge over the motorway.
You may also want to watch:
A group of youths had been spotted throwing snow at passing vehicles.
Investigating officer Pc Glenn Cook said: "Throwing anything at a moving vehicle on the motorway is extremely dangerous, irresponsible and could have caused a road traffic collision.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 3 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 8 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 9 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
"Thankfully, no-one was inured during this incident, but it was a shocking ordeal for the driver to go through."
He added: "If anyone was using the motorway when the incident occurred and saw something happen, we would ask that you get in touch."
Call police on 0845 33 00 222.