Three teenagers hospitalised after haystack fire
THREE teenagers were hospitalised following a fire in a haystack on Saturday.
The blaze took hold in a field near Bridge Road in Woolmer Green just before 4pm.
Two fire engines and three ambulances attended the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Two 15-year-old boys and one 14-year-old girl were suffering the effects of smoke inhalation on our arrival.
“Following treatment and stabilisation by paramedics at the scene, they were all conveyed to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.
A fire service spokeswoman described the cause of the blaze as “doubtful”.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 Meet the man driving a tractor 270 miles from Cornwall to Codicote
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 July 19: Extended restrictions will bring 'big costs' to our businesses
- 6 Would you quit drinking and smoking?
- 7 Businesses react as relaxation of Covid restrictions delayed to July 19
- 8 100 not out for centenarian Gladys
- 9 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing