Three teenagers hospitalised after haystack fire
THREE teenagers were hospitalised following a fire in a haystack on Saturday.
The blaze took hold in a field near Bridge Road in Woolmer Green just before 4pm.
Two fire engines and three ambulances attended the scene.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Two 15-year-old boys and one 14-year-old girl were suffering the effects of smoke inhalation on our arrival.
“Following treatment and stabilisation by paramedics at the scene, they were all conveyed to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage.”
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters used a hose reel to extinguish the flames.
A fire service spokeswoman described the cause of the blaze as “doubtful”.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank