Three stolen dogs reunited with Hertfordshire family
THREE Jack Russell dogs stolen from an Oaklands family have been found safe and well in North London.
In today’s (Wednesday) Welwyn Hatfield Times we reported how Poppy, Moses and T Bag were captured during �15k raid on a home in Mardley Hill.
Late last night, at 10pm, after the paper went to print, the dogs aged seven, six, and three (respectively) were found in Dollis Valley Drive, in Barnet.
They had been transported in an old white, possibly Transit, van. Two men wearing dark clothing opened up the van and tied the dogs to a lamp post in a park, opposite the Ridge flats.
The family’s goods including six top-of-the-range televisions, six DVD players, four pieces of jewellery, two laptops and 130 Blu-Ray DVDs, worth around �15k are still missing however.
You may also want to watch:
“The owner of the dogs is delighted to have them back,” said PC Craig Whiteaker from the Local Crime Unit. “But we need the public’s help in trying to trace these men and the van.
“Think back to last night, did you see these men or the van? Or did you see anyone acting suspiciously? Any information, no matter how small, may help us trace these men.”
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
Anyone with information should call police via the non-emergency number on 0845 3300222 quoting reference B1/11/496.