Three men suffer ‘severe head injuries’ during Welwyn Garden City assault

PUBLISHED: 16:23 21 May 2018 | UPDATED: 16:29 21 May 2018

Three men were attacked in Welwyn Garden City

Three men were attacked in Welwyn Garden City

Archant

Three men were rushed to hospital with severe head injuries after being attacked in Welwyn Garden City.

A police spokeswoman said that at around 12.15pm on Sunday, May 20, the trio were on the green in Lumbards when they were approached by two men asking for beers.

The attackers then allegedly assaulted the victims, causing facial injuries.

An ambulance service spokesman said paramedics were called to the scene where they treated three people for “severe head injuries”, before all three were taken to Lister Hospital.

A 28-year-old man from Knebworth was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH), while a 29-year-old was arrested on suspicion of wounding (GBH).

Both were released under investigation.

A 31-year-old from WGC, who had been arrested on suspicion of GBH, was also released with no further action.

The police spokeswoman said enquiries into exactly what happened are on-going. Anyone with information can contact officers on non-emergency number 101.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times