Three Lemons from Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Three Welwyn Garden City runners have been inspired by their shared fruity surname to run the London Marathon.
Sebastian Lemon, 29, wife Jacqui, 32, and brother Mark, 34, will attempt the 26.1-mile route on April 13 dressed as citrus fruits.
Mark, of Woodhall Lane, Welwyn Garden City, told the Welwyn Hatfield Times: “It was hard to find the costumes. We had to get them flown over from New York.
“We have been wearing them for short runs. It gets a bit hot and a bit uncomfortable. Up to about five miles you get a lot of chafing on the neck and arms.
“But I am sure we will finish, even if we have to crawl on our hands and knees.”
You may also want to watch:
The three Lemons, all croupiers at a London casino, have already raised £3,500 sponsorship for Round Table Children’s Wish, which funds experiences for terminally ill youngsters.
Although Mark has run a marathon conventionally dressed, Jacqui and Sebastian, who live in Dalewood, Welwyn Garden City, have never tackled the distance.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
Readers can sponsor the trio at www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/thethreelemons