Three fire crews put out chimney blaze in Codicote

PUBLISHED: 12:16 26 November 2015 | UPDATED: 09:38 27 November 2015

Firefighters put out chimney fire in Codicote

Firefighters put out chimney fire in Codicote

Archant

Firefighters tackled a chimney fire in Codicote last night.

Two crews from Stevenage and one from Welwyn were called to the scene shortly before 8.50pm yesterday, November 25.

They used one hose reel and reported that the chimney of the detached house in Three Houses Lane was “well alight”.

Firefighters had put out the blaze in just over an hour.

No-one is believed to have been injured.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times