Three arrested after Potters Bar brawl
THREE people were arrested after a brawl in the early hours of Saturday. Fighting broke out in Potters Bar High Street at about 1.10am, as revellers were leaving Luthers bar. One eyewitness told the Potters Bar Edition: People were walking up the High St
THREE people were arrested after a brawl in the early hours of Saturday.
Fighting broke out in Potters Bar High Street at about 1.10am, as revellers were leaving Luthers bar.
One eyewitness told the Potters Bar Edition: "People were walking up the High Street towards the bus station, then all of a sudden rushed into the park.
"The really unusual thing was so many police were there - more and more just kept turning up.
"I counted about 10 police cars and vans, including a dog unit.
"The dogs were just feet away from these people trying to make them move on."
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Serious shrubland fire extinguished next to M25 on Hertfordshire border
- 3 Family living over their own waste for 13 years due to faulty pipe
- 4 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Resident's fury after tree barrier to train line destroyed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Body of a man discovered in woodland near Welham Green
- 10 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
He added: "For the amount of police there, it seemed something big had happened."
A police spokeswoman confirmed officers had been called to the High Street to deal with the incident, involving a "large group" of people.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said paramedics were summoned at 1.30am with fighting still in progress - although there were no injuries.
* Luke Viala, 21, of Chace Avenue, Potters Bar, was charged with using threatening words and behaviour.
He will appear before magistrates next month.
Two teenagers from Potters Bar were arrested for resisting arrest.
An 18-year-old was cautioned, and a 17-year-old was bailed until next month.