Thousands complete Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life
DID you take part in Sunday’s Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life? Look through our galleries and order your photos here.
A SEA of pink greeted onlookers as women of all ages ran, jogged and walked their way round a WGC park over the weekend to raise money for cancer research.
Many of the 3,000 entrants who took part in yesterday’s Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life were dressed from head to toe in the colour as they took to Stanborough Park in aid of Cancer Research UK.
The rain stayed away as friends and family cheered participants round the 5km course, with everyone having completed it by 1pm – two hours after the 11am start time.
The country’s largest women-only fundraising event series saw more than 2,600 women take part in last year’s Welwyn Hatfield leg, which helped raise �189,000 in the process.
You may also want to watch:
With a higher turnout this year, it’s hoped that the current fundraising record of �197,241 can be surpassed.
* As well as having a Welwyn Hatfield Times stall set up, one of our photographers was on hand to take snaps throughout the event.
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return
Photos can be purchased online by clicking on the link above right.