Thousands complete Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life
DID you take part in Sunday’s Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life? Look through our galleries and order your photos here.
A SEA of pink greeted onlookers as women of all ages ran, jogged and walked their way round a WGC park over the weekend to raise money for cancer research.
Many of the 3,000 entrants who took part in yesterday’s Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life were dressed from head to toe in the colour as they took to Stanborough Park in aid of Cancer Research UK.
The rain stayed away as friends and family cheered participants round the 5km course, with everyone having completed it by 1pm – two hours after the 11am start time.
The country’s largest women-only fundraising event series saw more than 2,600 women take part in last year’s Welwyn Hatfield leg, which helped raise �189,000 in the process.
You may also want to watch:
With a higher turnout this year, it’s hoped that the current fundraising record of �197,241 can be surpassed.
* As well as having a Welwyn Hatfield Times stall set up, one of our photographers was on hand to take snaps throughout the event.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
Photos can be purchased online by clicking on the link above right.