Thousands complete Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life
DID you take part in Sunday’s Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life? Look through our galleries and order your photos here.
A SEA of pink greeted onlookers as women of all ages ran, jogged and walked their way round a WGC park over the weekend to raise money for cancer research.
Many of the 3,000 entrants who took part in yesterday’s Welwyn Hatfield Race for Life were dressed from head to toe in the colour as they took to Stanborough Park in aid of Cancer Research UK.
The rain stayed away as friends and family cheered participants round the 5km course, with everyone having completed it by 1pm – two hours after the 11am start time.
The country’s largest women-only fundraising event series saw more than 2,600 women take part in last year’s Welwyn Hatfield leg, which helped raise �189,000 in the process.
You may also want to watch:
With a higher turnout this year, it’s hoped that the current fundraising record of �197,241 can be surpassed.
* As well as having a Welwyn Hatfield Times stall set up, one of our photographers was on hand to take snaps throughout the event.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
Photos can be purchased online by clicking on the link above right.