Thin Lizzy pull out of Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.The Irish hard rock legends were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.However, they won t now be appearing at the Hertfordshire
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.
The Irish hard rock legends, famous for classic hits The Boys Are Back in Town, Jailbreak and Whiskey in a Jar, were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.
However, they won't now be appearing at the Hertfordshire stately home on Sunday, August 2.
Thin Lizzy's management company has confirmed that the band has parted ways with guitarist/vocalist John Sykes and cancelled all forthcoming gigs.
You may also want to watch:
They also pulled out of supporting AC/DC last week at Wembley Stadium, with WGC group The Subways stepping in as last-minute replacements.
Lizzy guitarist and mainstay Scott Gorham: "It's been a very tough time of late for myself and the band, firstly with drummer Tommy Aldridge's injury and now the subsequent decision for John and the rest of the group to go their separate ways.
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 4 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 7 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 8 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds
- 9 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 10 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
"I can only apologise to everyone who has supported us over the years, but we will be back up to full speed soon."
The Sonisphere Festival takes place on August 1-2 with Linkin Park and Metallica headlining the two nights.
Others playing include Nine Inch Nails, Heaven & Hell, Feeder and Limp Bizkit.
Day tickets are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com