Thin Lizzy pull out of Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.The Irish hard rock legends were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.However, they won t now be appearing at the Hertfordshire
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.
The Irish hard rock legends, famous for classic hits The Boys Are Back in Town, Jailbreak and Whiskey in a Jar, were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.
However, they won't now be appearing at the Hertfordshire stately home on Sunday, August 2.
Thin Lizzy's management company has confirmed that the band has parted ways with guitarist/vocalist John Sykes and cancelled all forthcoming gigs.
You may also want to watch:
They also pulled out of supporting AC/DC last week at Wembley Stadium, with WGC group The Subways stepping in as last-minute replacements.
Lizzy guitarist and mainstay Scott Gorham: "It's been a very tough time of late for myself and the band, firstly with drummer Tommy Aldridge's injury and now the subsequent decision for John and the rest of the group to go their separate ways.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 8 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
"I can only apologise to everyone who has supported us over the years, but we will be back up to full speed soon."
The Sonisphere Festival takes place on August 1-2 with Linkin Park and Metallica headlining the two nights.
Others playing include Nine Inch Nails, Heaven & Hell, Feeder and Limp Bizkit.
Day tickets are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com