Thin Lizzy pull out of Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.The Irish hard rock legends were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.However, they won t now be appearing at the Hertfordshire
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.
The Irish hard rock legends, famous for classic hits The Boys Are Back in Town, Jailbreak and Whiskey in a Jar, were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.
However, they won't now be appearing at the Hertfordshire stately home on Sunday, August 2.
Thin Lizzy's management company has confirmed that the band has parted ways with guitarist/vocalist John Sykes and cancelled all forthcoming gigs.
You may also want to watch:
They also pulled out of supporting AC/DC last week at Wembley Stadium, with WGC group The Subways stepping in as last-minute replacements.
Lizzy guitarist and mainstay Scott Gorham: "It's been a very tough time of late for myself and the band, firstly with drummer Tommy Aldridge's injury and now the subsequent decision for John and the rest of the group to go their separate ways.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Police disperse large group near the university
- 6 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 7 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 8 Care home 'delighted' with COVID-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
"I can only apologise to everyone who has supported us over the years, but we will be back up to full speed soon."
The Sonisphere Festival takes place on August 1-2 with Linkin Park and Metallica headlining the two nights.
Others playing include Nine Inch Nails, Heaven & Hell, Feeder and Limp Bizkit.
Day tickets are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com