Thin Lizzy pull out of Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.The Irish hard rock legends were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.However, they won t now be appearing at the Hertfordshire
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.
The Irish hard rock legends, famous for classic hits The Boys Are Back in Town, Jailbreak and Whiskey in a Jar, were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.
However, they won't now be appearing at the Hertfordshire stately home on Sunday, August 2.
Thin Lizzy's management company has confirmed that the band has parted ways with guitarist/vocalist John Sykes and cancelled all forthcoming gigs.
You may also want to watch:
They also pulled out of supporting AC/DC last week at Wembley Stadium, with WGC group The Subways stepping in as last-minute replacements.
Lizzy guitarist and mainstay Scott Gorham: "It's been a very tough time of late for myself and the band, firstly with drummer Tommy Aldridge's injury and now the subsequent decision for John and the rest of the group to go their separate ways.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
"I can only apologise to everyone who has supported us over the years, but we will be back up to full speed soon."
The Sonisphere Festival takes place on August 1-2 with Linkin Park and Metallica headlining the two nights.
Others playing include Nine Inch Nails, Heaven & Hell, Feeder and Limp Bizkit.
Day tickets are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com