Thin Lizzy pull out of Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.The Irish hard rock legends were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.However, they won t now be appearing at the Hertfordshire
THIN Lizzy have pulled out of next month's Sonisphere spectacular at Knebworth House.
The Irish hard rock legends, famous for classic hits The Boys Are Back in Town, Jailbreak and Whiskey in a Jar, were due to play on the Metallica day of the inaugural metal festival at Knebworth.
However, they won't now be appearing at the Hertfordshire stately home on Sunday, August 2.
Thin Lizzy's management company has confirmed that the band has parted ways with guitarist/vocalist John Sykes and cancelled all forthcoming gigs.
They also pulled out of supporting AC/DC last week at Wembley Stadium, with WGC group The Subways stepping in as last-minute replacements.
Lizzy guitarist and mainstay Scott Gorham: "It's been a very tough time of late for myself and the band, firstly with drummer Tommy Aldridge's injury and now the subsequent decision for John and the rest of the group to go their separate ways.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 4 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 5 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
"I can only apologise to everyone who has supported us over the years, but we will be back up to full speed soon."
The Sonisphere Festival takes place on August 1-2 with Linkin Park and Metallica headlining the two nights.
Others playing include Nine Inch Nails, Heaven & Hell, Feeder and Limp Bizkit.
Day tickets are available from www.sonispherefestivals.com