Thieves swipe mobility scooters in Welwyn
LOWLIFE crooks are being hunted by police after two mobility scooters were stolen.
The thefts, which happened in Welwyn, were branded “despicable” by Welwyn Parish Pcso Andrea Dutson.
She said: “These people are reliant on their mobility scooters to get out and about and the theft has left them immobile.
“It’s possible it may have been done as a prank.
“We would like to hear from anyone with any information about the thefts.”
You may also want to watch:
One scooter was pinched between midnight and 6.30am on December 3 in Tudor Road.
A cover and house keys, which were in the basket, were left on the floor.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
The other was taken between 10pm on November 25 and 9.10am on November 26 from a from the front garden of a home in Wingate Gardens.
The keys were left in the ignition of both scooters.
Pcso Dutson added: “We’d encourage mobility scooter owners not to leave the keys in the ignition when they are unattended, even if it is only for a few minutes.”