Thieves risk life after stealing from Potters Bar power station
THIEVES risked “serious injury or death” after breaking into a power station in Potters Bar.
Hundreds of pounds worth of copper was stolen from the EDF Energy sub-station in High Street some time between January 14 and Monday last week.
A spokesman for the energy supplier told the Potters Bar Edition it would prosecute anyone found to tamper with its sub-stations.
He said: “We occasionally find that sub-stations are targets for thieves and vandals, and EDF Energy takes incidents like this very seriously.
“Thieves risk serious injury or death by tampering with our equipment.”
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “We will help police with their inquiries and press for prosecution.”
A police spokeswoman warned potential sub-station thieves to think twice.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
“If tampered with these sub-stations can cause life threatening injuries.
“Call police if you see anyone acting suspiciously around one.”
If you have any information about the incident call police on 0845 33 00 222.