The Subways set to rock Wembley Stadium with AC/DC
A BAND from Welwyn Garden City will take to the stage at the home of English football tomorrow in front of 60,000 plus rock fans. The Subways have stepped in as the main support for AC/DC s massive stadium shows at Wembley on Friday and at Glasgow s Hampd
A BAND from Welwyn Garden City will take to the stage at the home of English football tomorrow in front of 60,000 plus rock fans.
The Subways have stepped in as the main support for AC/DC's massive stadium shows at Wembley on Friday and at Glasgow's Hampden Park next Tuesday.
The three-piece alternative rock group - singer and guitarist Billy Lunn, bass player Charlotte Cooper and drummer Josh Morgan - were added to the bill as a last-minute replacement for Thin Lizzy.
The Irish legends - due to play the inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House in August - were forced to cancel the AC/DC dates following an injury to drummer Tommy Aldridge.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from The Subways said: "Unfortunately the shows are both sold out, but if you're lucky enough to be going we'll see you there!"
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 11 top Hertfordshire music festivals set for the summer of 2021