The Subways set to rock Wembley Stadium with AC/DC
A BAND from Welwyn Garden City will take to the stage at the home of English football tomorrow in front of 60,000 plus rock fans. The Subways have stepped in as the main support for AC/DC s massive stadium shows at Wembley on Friday and at Glasgow s Hampd
A BAND from Welwyn Garden City will take to the stage at the home of English football tomorrow in front of 60,000 plus rock fans.
The Subways have stepped in as the main support for AC/DC's massive stadium shows at Wembley on Friday and at Glasgow's Hampden Park next Tuesday.
The three-piece alternative rock group - singer and guitarist Billy Lunn, bass player Charlotte Cooper and drummer Josh Morgan - were added to the bill as a last-minute replacement for Thin Lizzy.
The Irish legends - due to play the inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House in August - were forced to cancel the AC/DC dates following an injury to drummer Tommy Aldridge.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from The Subways said: "Unfortunately the shows are both sold out, but if you're lucky enough to be going we'll see you there!"
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 4 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 8 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Delight for Hatfield Swim Centre as lockdown easing sees group classes return