The Subways set to rock Wembley Stadium with AC/DC
A BAND from Welwyn Garden City will take to the stage at the home of English football tomorrow in front of 60,000 plus rock fans. The Subways have stepped in as the main support for AC/DC s massive stadium shows at Wembley on Friday and at Glasgow s Hampd
A BAND from Welwyn Garden City will take to the stage at the home of English football tomorrow in front of 60,000 plus rock fans.
The Subways have stepped in as the main support for AC/DC's massive stadium shows at Wembley on Friday and at Glasgow's Hampden Park next Tuesday.
The three-piece alternative rock group - singer and guitarist Billy Lunn, bass player Charlotte Cooper and drummer Josh Morgan - were added to the bill as a last-minute replacement for Thin Lizzy.
The Irish legends - due to play the inaugural Sonisphere Festival at Knebworth House in August - were forced to cancel the AC/DC dates following an injury to drummer Tommy Aldridge.
You may also want to watch:
A statement from The Subways said: "Unfortunately the shows are both sold out, but if you're lucky enough to be going we'll see you there!"
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College