The Specials announce Hatfield concert
- Credit: Archant
British ska legends The Specials have announced a live show in Hatfield.
The Specials and reggae group Toots and The Maytals will be touring together next year as part of a three-date spectacular at the end of May.
Specials’ frontman Terry Hall said: “In all this time, we have never been fortunate enough to play on the same stage as Toots & The Maytals.
“What a great bill – I’m definitely there.”
The legendary ska revival band from Coventry will come to The Forum Hertfordshire on Sunday, May 28 – the day before the Slam Dunk Festival at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Famous for hits Too Much Too Young, Ghost Town, Gangsters and Rat Race, The Specials will also appear at Slam Dunk venues The NEC, Birmingham, on Friday, May 26, and in Millennium Square, Leeds, on Saturday, May 27.
With a shared history that saw The Specials cover Monkey Man on their 1979 debut album, there is no one better than legendary reggae originators Toots And The Maytals to join the band for these very special dates.
- 1 Man creates penis shapes with his running routes to raise money for testicular cancer
- 2 Police called after 100 people show up to funeral
- 3 Herts zoo announces its reopening date
- 4 Second tree-umph as borough named ‘Tree City of the World’ again
- 5 Man arrested and suspected crack and heroin seized
- 6 Residents’ food waste has so far powered 62 homes for a year
- 7 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 8 From phone to laptop – a loan goes a long way to help children with homeschooling
- 9 Take a first look at the new Ebenezer Howard statue coming to our town
- 10 Council tax to rise in county after 'extraordinary' year
Tickets for the Hatfield concert cost £44, plus fees, and go on sale at 9am on Wednesday, November 16.
Doors open at 5pm.
• For gig tickets, visit www.lunatickets.co.uk
• For more concerts at The Forum, visit www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk