The Specials announce Hatfield concert
- Credit: Archant
British ska legends The Specials have announced a live show in Hatfield.
The Specials and reggae group Toots and The Maytals will be touring together next year as part of a three-date spectacular at the end of May.
Specials’ frontman Terry Hall said: “In all this time, we have never been fortunate enough to play on the same stage as Toots & The Maytals.
“What a great bill – I’m definitely there.”
The legendary ska revival band from Coventry will come to The Forum Hertfordshire on Sunday, May 28 – the day before the Slam Dunk Festival at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield.
Famous for hits Too Much Too Young, Ghost Town, Gangsters and Rat Race, The Specials will also appear at Slam Dunk venues The NEC, Birmingham, on Friday, May 26, and in Millennium Square, Leeds, on Saturday, May 27.
With a shared history that saw The Specials cover Monkey Man on their 1979 debut album, there is no one better than legendary reggae originators Toots And The Maytals to join the band for these very special dates.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Six charged and £11,000 seized after drug raids
- 3 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 4 Liam Gallagher set times announced for Knebworth Park concerts
- 5 Liam Gallagher's expected setlist for Knebworth Park concert features classic Oasis tracks
- 6 Police release CCTV imagery following Hatfield brawl
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 Man in his 80s attacked by dog in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 Welwyn Hatfield landlord prosecuted for safety breaches at rental property
- 10 WGC station to receive a makeover by local gardening group
Tickets for the Hatfield concert cost £44, plus fees, and go on sale at 9am on Wednesday, November 16.
Doors open at 5pm.
• For gig tickets, visit www.lunatickets.co.uk
• For more concerts at The Forum, visit www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk