The Specials announce Hatfield concert
- Credit: Archant
British ska legends The Specials have announced a live show in Hatfield.
The Specials and reggae group Toots and The Maytals will be touring together next year as part of a three-date spectacular at the end of May.
Specials’ frontman Terry Hall said: “In all this time, we have never been fortunate enough to play on the same stage as Toots & The Maytals.
“What a great bill – I’m definitely there.”
The legendary ska revival band from Coventry will come to The Forum Hertfordshire on Sunday, May 28 – the day before the Slam Dunk Festival at the University of Hertfordshire in Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Famous for hits Too Much Too Young, Ghost Town, Gangsters and Rat Race, The Specials will also appear at Slam Dunk venues The NEC, Birmingham, on Friday, May 26, and in Millennium Square, Leeds, on Saturday, May 27.
With a shared history that saw The Specials cover Monkey Man on their 1979 debut album, there is no one better than legendary reggae originators Toots And The Maytals to join the band for these very special dates.
- 1 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
- 2 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 3 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Crashes and flooding on A1(M) and M25 causing delays
- 6 New car park proposed for park
- 7 'We're breaking' - Lister Hospital staff 'tearful' and 'on their knees' as COVID cases double
- 8 Former healthcare worker with multiple conditions reveals her story
- 9 Driver issued £100 fine 'thought it was unfair as he was only 21'
- 10 Over 40 temporary homes proposed after buildings touted for demolition
Tickets for the Hatfield concert cost £44, plus fees, and go on sale at 9am on Wednesday, November 16.
Doors open at 5pm.
• For gig tickets, visit www.lunatickets.co.uk
• For more concerts at The Forum, visit www.forumhertfordshire.co.uk