The One Show’s Team Rickshaw riders take detour en route to Hatfield
PUBLISHED: 12:34 14 November 2014 | UPDATED: 20:09 14 November 2014
The One Show’s Team Rickshaw riders will be arriving in Hatfield later than expected this afternoon (Friday) after taking a detour from their scheduled route.
Team Rickshaw for BBC Children in Need
* To support the challenge and donate £5, text TEAM to 70705. Alternatively to donate £10, text TEAM to 70710.
* Texts cost £5 or £10 respectively plus one standard rate message; £5 or £10 will go to BBC Children in Need.
* Go to bbc.co.uk/pudsey for full terms and conditions. You must be over 16 and ask the bill payer’s permission.
After leaving Great Missenden, Buckinghamshire, early this morning in pouring rain, the riders were due to cycle through St Albans around lunchtime, on their way to Hatfield, then Potters Bar and finally Borehamwood.
However, the Salford to Walford fundraisers have taken a diversion and are making a brief stop at BBC Children in Need funded project Playskill in Hemel Hempstead.
The Team Rickshaw Twitter handle – @TeamRickshaw – tweeted: “We are making a diversion from the route to visit Playskill in Hemel Hempstead - we will be back on route this afternoon #TeamRickshaw”
Team Rickshaw left BBC’s Media City, near Manchester, last Friday and the riders’ challenge is set to finish on the EastEnders set, at Elstree Studios, Borehamwood, later today (Friday).
The rickshaw’s passage through St Albans will, according to the BBC’s Children in Need tracker, take the riders along Bluehouse Hill, down Verulam Road, onto Folly Lane and then Catherine Street.
They will then progress along Hatfield Road, past Oaklands College’s Smallford Campus on the A1057.
The rickshaw crew is set to continue along St Albans Road West into Hatfield, heading in the direction of The Galleria shopping centre.
According to the tracker, Team Rickshaw members are due to cycle along Cavendish Way towards Hatfield town centre and then turn right up Woods Avenue.
Near the Oxlease Methodist Church, the riders will turn down Oxlease Drive and onto the Great North Road, heading towards Brookmans Park.
The cyclists will follow the A1000 to Little Heath, before turning down Church Road and then along Darkes Lane, Potters Bar.
The route will continue down Baker Street, along Dancers Hill Road, Trotters Bottom, Galley Lane, Barnet Road and Rowley Lane as the riders approach Elstree Way, in Borehamwood, and their final destination – the EastEnders set.
So far the young riders have raised more than £900,000 for BBC Children in Need.
* Viewers of The One Show can follow Team Rickshaw’s progress each day, and updates will also be available online at bbc.co.uk/pudsey and on Twitter via #TeamRickshaw. The route and current progress are also shown at pudsey.viewranger.com
* If you spot the Team Rickshaw riders in Hertfordshire, email your pictures to the Welwyn Hatfield Times and Potters Bar Edition at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.