The Illegal Eagles have landed
A TRIBUTE to rock legends The Eagles shows that fan devotion can produce real results at Broxbourne Civic Hall tonight. The Illegal Eagles formed after hardcore Eagles fan Phil Aldridge decided that the songs of these rock gods were of such an inordinate
A TRIBUTE to rock legends The Eagles shows that fan devotion can produce real results at Broxbourne Civic Hall tonight.
The Illegal Eagles formed after hardcore Eagles fan Phil Aldridge decided that the songs of these rock gods were of such an "inordinate popularity" any audience would forgive any shortcomings in delivery.
So in 1996, he dug out the most skilled musicians from his phone book and produced a band consisting of Jeff Green, Ray Brown, Keith Atack and Chris Childs, armed with "skill a-plenty".
Forty-two acoustic vocal rehearsals followed, then two full electric ones and the band were ready to hit the stage.
Seventy-five minutes later the crowd left the Esplanade pub on Southend seafront to spread the word.
Their popularity grew and in 2003 they found themselves playing at no less a venue than the Royal Albert Hall.
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 3 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 4 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 7 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 8 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
In the same year, The Illegal Eagles' enthusiasm for great Eagles songs was augmented to encompass great Illegal Eagles songs.
"The Path Home" a collection of 10 original songs was released featuring two songs written and produced by each member of the band.
The Illegal Eagles will be at Broxbourne Civic Hall tonight (Friday) at 8pm.
Tickets cost �20 with Friends of Broxbourne Civic Hall receiving 10 per cent off.