The Apprentice star Ruth Badger to host University of Hertfordshire event
SHE was famously fired at the final hurdle by Sir Alan Sugar in the second series of top TV show The Apprentice. Now Ruth Badger is set to pass on the wealth of her business knowledge at the University of Hertfordshire. She will be hosting UHAngels – a Dr
SHE was famously fired at the final hurdle by Sir Alan Sugar in the second series of top TV show The Apprentice.
Now Ruth Badger is set to pass on the wealth of her business knowledge at the University of Hertfordshire.
She will be hosting UHAngels - a Dragons' Den-style event in which wannabe entrepreneurs will pitch their ideas to some of Times Territory's best business minds: the Angel Investors.
Ms Badger, who set up her own consultancy firm in June 2006, off the back of her fame in the hit BBC show, will also deliver a keynote speech and preside over a question/answer session.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Culkin, director of the university's centre for entrepreneurial development said: "These events offer an opportunity for networking, bringing together students, practicing professionals and businesses to share experiences and collaborate on new projects.
"As a business-facing university, and even in these challenging times, these motivational sessions are guaranteed to empower students and staff with an enterprising spirit."
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 3 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
Using an innovative remote voting system, the audience will vote for which entrepreneur they think has the best business idea.
The winner will receive a cheque for �1,000.
The event will take place at the Weston Auditorium on the university's de Havilland campus on Tuesday, March 24. Doors open at 5.30pm.
Reserve your free seat by contacting Tobi Alli-Usman on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 286545.