The Apprentice star Ruth Badger to host University of Hertfordshire event
SHE was famously fired at the final hurdle by Sir Alan Sugar in the second series of top TV show The Apprentice. Now Ruth Badger is set to pass on the wealth of her business knowledge at the University of Hertfordshire. She will be hosting UHAngels – a Dr
SHE was famously fired at the final hurdle by Sir Alan Sugar in the second series of top TV show The Apprentice.
Now Ruth Badger is set to pass on the wealth of her business knowledge at the University of Hertfordshire.
She will be hosting UHAngels - a Dragons' Den-style event in which wannabe entrepreneurs will pitch their ideas to some of Times Territory's best business minds: the Angel Investors.
Ms Badger, who set up her own consultancy firm in June 2006, off the back of her fame in the hit BBC show, will also deliver a keynote speech and preside over a question/answer session.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Culkin, director of the university's centre for entrepreneurial development said: "These events offer an opportunity for networking, bringing together students, practicing professionals and businesses to share experiences and collaborate on new projects.
"As a business-facing university, and even in these challenging times, these motivational sessions are guaranteed to empower students and staff with an enterprising spirit."
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 4 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
Using an innovative remote voting system, the audience will vote for which entrepreneur they think has the best business idea.
The winner will receive a cheque for �1,000.
The event will take place at the Weston Auditorium on the university's de Havilland campus on Tuesday, March 24. Doors open at 5.30pm.
Reserve your free seat by contacting Tobi Alli-Usman on email@example.com or 01707 286545.