The Apprentice star Ruth Badger to host University of Hertfordshire event
SHE was famously fired at the final hurdle by Sir Alan Sugar in the second series of top TV show The Apprentice. Now Ruth Badger is set to pass on the wealth of her business knowledge at the University of Hertfordshire. She will be hosting UHAngels – a Dr
SHE was famously fired at the final hurdle by Sir Alan Sugar in the second series of top TV show The Apprentice.
Now Ruth Badger is set to pass on the wealth of her business knowledge at the University of Hertfordshire.
She will be hosting UHAngels - a Dragons' Den-style event in which wannabe entrepreneurs will pitch their ideas to some of Times Territory's best business minds: the Angel Investors.
Ms Badger, who set up her own consultancy firm in June 2006, off the back of her fame in the hit BBC show, will also deliver a keynote speech and preside over a question/answer session.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Culkin, director of the university's centre for entrepreneurial development said: "These events offer an opportunity for networking, bringing together students, practicing professionals and businesses to share experiences and collaborate on new projects.
"As a business-facing university, and even in these challenging times, these motivational sessions are guaranteed to empower students and staff with an enterprising spirit."
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
Using an innovative remote voting system, the audience will vote for which entrepreneur they think has the best business idea.
The winner will receive a cheque for �1,000.
The event will take place at the Weston Auditorium on the university's de Havilland campus on Tuesday, March 24. Doors open at 5.30pm.
Reserve your free seat by contacting Tobi Alli-Usman on email@example.com or 01707 286545.