The Apprentice star Ruth Badger to host University of Hertfordshire event
SHE was famously fired at the final hurdle by Sir Alan Sugar in the second series of top TV show The Apprentice. Now Ruth Badger is set to pass on the wealth of her business knowledge at the University of Hertfordshire. She will be hosting UHAngels – a Dr
SHE was famously fired at the final hurdle by Sir Alan Sugar in the second series of top TV show The Apprentice.
Now Ruth Badger is set to pass on the wealth of her business knowledge at the University of Hertfordshire.
She will be hosting UHAngels - a Dragons' Den-style event in which wannabe entrepreneurs will pitch their ideas to some of Times Territory's best business minds: the Angel Investors.
Ms Badger, who set up her own consultancy firm in June 2006, off the back of her fame in the hit BBC show, will also deliver a keynote speech and preside over a question/answer session.
Nigel Culkin, director of the university's centre for entrepreneurial development said: "These events offer an opportunity for networking, bringing together students, practicing professionals and businesses to share experiences and collaborate on new projects.
"As a business-facing university, and even in these challenging times, these motivational sessions are guaranteed to empower students and staff with an enterprising spirit."
- 1 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 2 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 3 Buyers can now reserve an apartment in Hatfield Rise
- 4 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 5 Axes and knives found during weapons raid
- 6 Cash stolen from elderly man using bank ATM
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Stevenage health lead 'appalled' as Lister stroke unit is downgraded again
- 9 'Friendship zone' created in Welwyn school
- 10 Work begins on Welwyn Garden City’s new-look Anniversary Gardens
Using an innovative remote voting system, the audience will vote for which entrepreneur they think has the best business idea.
The winner will receive a cheque for �1,000.
The event will take place at the Weston Auditorium on the university's de Havilland campus on Tuesday, March 24. Doors open at 5.30pm.
Reserve your free seat by contacting Tobi Alli-Usman on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01707 286545.