THACS the way to do it!
MORE than 100 people entered the Tewin Horticultural Arts and Crafts Society’s annual autumn show, making it the largest one yet.
MORE than 100 people entered the Tewin Horticultural Arts and Crafts Society’s annual Autumn Show making it the largest one yet.
On its ninth appearance, the exhibition, held at the Memorial Hall, saw “an amazing” 528 entries in total with a large range of flower arrangements, fruit and vegetable displays, as well as arts and crafts work on show.
“It was the largest show yet, with 111 exhibitors taking part,” a spokesman for the show said.
“The committee worked hard to make the show a success, and would like to thank all those who took part, the judges, all who helped behind the scenes, setting up the show and providing teas and cakes.”
You may also want to watch:
The event, held on Saturday, also included collections of culinary and photography.
The results are as follows:
- 1 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 4 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 5 Investigation to take place into contact social services had with Christie Frewin before her murder
- 6 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 7 CCTV released after thousands of pounds of vitamins and supplements stolen
- 8 New Fast & Furious 9 UK release date announced
- 9 Reis Suart becomes first county champion from Welwyn Garden City in over three decades
- 10 Puddingstone Distillery launches new Ultrasonic gin to help Herts charity protect bats
St Peter’s Church Trophy - Flower Arranging Susan Whitbourn
Carlton Rose Bowl - Flowers Anna Clark
Ivor & Vaughan Williams Trophy - Vegetables & Fruit Mick Lloyd
Shire Park Bowling Club President’s Shield - Horticulture Mick Lloyd
(Flower Arranging, Flowers, and Vegetables & Fruit)
Royal Horticultural Society Banksian Medal - Horticulture Michael Clark
(Flowers, and Vegetables & Fruit)
Friends of Tewin Trophy - Arts & Crafts Diana Whitehead
Nostalgic Photography Trophy Shirley Ashby
Merv Wilson Memorial Trophy - Photography Paul Carter
Memorial Hall Trophy – Culinary Debbie Mills
Tewin Cowper School Parents’ Association Award - Children’s Class Scarlett Christian-Cox
George Humble Crawford Award - Children’s Photography Keir Lockyer-Webb
THACS next event is the Arts and Crafts Fair, also at Memorial Hall on Saturday, October 23, from 10am to 4pm.