Tesco staff find it's fun to paint at the YMCA!
VOLUNTEERS from Tesco head office have offered their own time to give a helping hand at the YMCA. As part of business in the community's give and gain challenge day, a team from the supermarket giant, which employs over 3,000 staff at Shire Park,
VOLUNTEERS from Tesco head office have offered their own time to give a helping hand at the YMCA.
As part of business in the community's give and gain challenge day, a team from the supermarket giant, which employs over 3,000 staff at Shire Park, will paint the corridors of the YMCA in Peartree Lane, WGC.
Tesco corporate affairs manager, Alex Trenchard said: "Most people want to give something back and this is our chance to do so.
"Over recent years we have supported community projects throughout the area and are very pleased to have the opportunity to help the YMCA."
You may also want to watch:
The YMCA of Central Herts helps people of disadvantaged backgrounds achieve their potential by providing a range of development opportunities from childcare facilities to supported housing for 125 people.
Chief executive Robin Webb said: "As a charity the YMCA relies on the support of local people and local businesses, so it's fantastic to have Tesco staff here today giving their time and skills to brighten up some of our corridors.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 3 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 6 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 9 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 10 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank