Tesco staff find it's fun to paint at the YMCA!
VOLUNTEERS from Tesco head office have offered their own time to give a helping hand at the YMCA. As part of business in the community's give and gain challenge day, a team from the supermarket giant, which employs over 3,000 staff at Shire Park,
VOLUNTEERS from Tesco head office have offered their own time to give a helping hand at the YMCA.
As part of business in the community's give and gain challenge day, a team from the supermarket giant, which employs over 3,000 staff at Shire Park, will paint the corridors of the YMCA in Peartree Lane, WGC.
Tesco corporate affairs manager, Alex Trenchard said: "Most people want to give something back and this is our chance to do so.
"Over recent years we have supported community projects throughout the area and are very pleased to have the opportunity to help the YMCA."
You may also want to watch:
The YMCA of Central Herts helps people of disadvantaged backgrounds achieve their potential by providing a range of development opportunities from childcare facilities to supported housing for 125 people.
Chief executive Robin Webb said: "As a charity the YMCA relies on the support of local people and local businesses, so it's fantastic to have Tesco staff here today giving their time and skills to brighten up some of our corridors.
- 1 When Spielberg and Tom Hanks came to Hatfield for filming
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school raises nearly £1,000 for Isabel Hospice with annual 'Charity Day'
- 5 Graduate to create original African sci-fi series for Disney+
- 6 Who is Lady Danbury in new Netflix series Bridgerton?
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts