Tesco staff find it's fun to paint at the YMCA!
VOLUNTEERS from Tesco head office have offered their own time to give a helping hand at the YMCA. As part of business in the community's give and gain challenge day, a team from the supermarket giant, which employs over 3,000 staff at Shire Park,
VOLUNTEERS from Tesco head office have offered their own time to give a helping hand at the YMCA.
As part of business in the community's give and gain challenge day, a team from the supermarket giant, which employs over 3,000 staff at Shire Park, will paint the corridors of the YMCA in Peartree Lane, WGC.
Tesco corporate affairs manager, Alex Trenchard said: "Most people want to give something back and this is our chance to do so.
"Over recent years we have supported community projects throughout the area and are very pleased to have the opportunity to help the YMCA."
You may also want to watch:
The YMCA of Central Herts helps people of disadvantaged backgrounds achieve their potential by providing a range of development opportunities from childcare facilities to supported housing for 125 people.
Chief executive Robin Webb said: "As a charity the YMCA relies on the support of local people and local businesses, so it's fantastic to have Tesco staff here today giving their time and skills to brighten up some of our corridors.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 3 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 4 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 5 'Much harder this time around' - Father of three fighting cancer for second time in two years
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 8 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 9 What time will the election results come in?
- 10 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off