Tesco moves jobs from Welwyn Garden City to India
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco is transferring jobs from its WGC headquarters to India, leaving workers facing redundancy. Bosses have drafted in employees from their Bangalore office to learn the ropes from British counterparts. Staff from the 3,000-strong wo
SUPERMARKET giant Tesco is transferring jobs from its WGC headquarters to India, leaving workers facing redundancy.
Bosses have drafted in employees from their Bangalore office to learn the ropes from British counterparts.
Staff from the 3,000-strong workforce at Shire Park, WGC, contacted the WHT after seeing a story on www.whtimes24.co.uk yesterday (Tuesday) in which Tesco bosses denied rumours of big job losses.
One emotional worker said: "The Indian workers have spent the last two weeks doing our jobs, we have just had to sit and watch them take over.
You may also want to watch:
"It's horrible. People are really worried about finding another job."
A colleague claimed 100 jobs were to go.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
A Tesco spokesman confirmed 20 jobs were being transferred to the company's Indian office, but denied reports of 100 staff at Shire Park losing their jobs.