Tesco makes recycling bid for Potters Bar store
SUPERMARKET bosses are hoping to install an automated recycling machine at their store in Potters Bar. A planning application has been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council, asking for permission to provide the facility at the Tesco superstore
SUPERMARKET bosses are hoping to install an automated recycling machine at their store in Potters Bar.
A planning application has been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council, asking for permission to provide the facility at the Tesco superstore in Mutton Lane.
If the application is approved, the machine would replace the store's existing recycling facilities.
It would allow customers to recycle metal, plastics and glass, while earning reward points at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
In a letter to planning officers, Sion Stanfield, the head of recycling and waste management at Tesco, said the machine would be for the whole community to use.
She also said it would help make recycling "easier, more fun and more convenient".
- 1 'Confusion of legal status' sees public path fenced off
- 2 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 3 Drug dealer sentenced to more than five years in prison
- 4 Local council elections: Don't know who to vote for? See what the candidates in your area have to say
- 5 'We must act now' - villagers in renewed fight to save pub
- 6 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 7 Fundraiser bakes 100 cookies to support NHS and carers as part of Captain Tom challenge
- 8 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Drug trafficker guilty of 'cruel and tragic' Cameron Hill murder
A decision on the application is anticipated by August 12.