Tesco makes recycling bid for Potters Bar store
SUPERMARKET bosses are hoping to install an automated recycling machine at their store in Potters Bar. A planning application has been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council, asking for permission to provide the facility at the Tesco superstore
SUPERMARKET bosses are hoping to install an automated recycling machine at their store in Potters Bar.
A planning application has been submitted to Hertsmere Borough Council, asking for permission to provide the facility at the Tesco superstore in Mutton Lane.
If the application is approved, the machine would replace the store's existing recycling facilities.
It would allow customers to recycle metal, plastics and glass, while earning reward points at the same time.
You may also want to watch:
In a letter to planning officers, Sion Stanfield, the head of recycling and waste management at Tesco, said the machine would be for the whole community to use.
She also said it would help make recycling "easier, more fun and more convenient".
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 5 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 6 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 7 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service
- 8 Drink spiking: University of Hertfordshire students join Girls Night In protest
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
A decision on the application is anticipated by August 12.