Tesco in Welwyn Garden City? - Every Letter Helps!
SUPERMARKET bosses for Tesco are trying to drum up support for their plans to build on the former Shredded Wheat site.
The multi-million pound proposals could see housing, a swimming pool, a piazza-style square — and a new Tesco store — built.
After sending out comment cards to residents across the area, those who responded were sent letters requesting they write to the WHT’s letters page.
Tesco’s regional corporate affairs manager Alex Trenchard said: “We always give our supporters information about all the options available to comment on our schemes.
“We had a great response to the card we distributed in the town recently, people were keen to do more and asked how else they could show their support.
You may also want to watch:
“In this case we felt it was appropriate for us to provide supporters with the contact information for the paper, which is a great way for them to get involved in the debate.”
However, WHT editor Terry Mitchinson was happy to hear views from all sides of the debate.
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
He said: “Tesco has invited their supporters to get in touch with the WHT, but we’re keen to hear from everyone, regardless of their views.
“The paper’s position has remained the same; we think retail development should be restricted to the exisiting town centre site.
“So to redress the balance, all those against the plans should also write to me at 31a Howardsgate, WGC, AL8 6AP or email firstname.lastname@example.org”