Tesco helps school Get Connected for renovation project
REGULAR shoppers at the UK's largest supermarket know that Every Little Helps , and now children at a school in Times Territory have found that out for themselves. Staff from Tesco s head office in WGC spent a day helping pupils at St Mary's Primary Sch
REGULAR shoppers at the UK's largest supermarket know that "Every Little Helps", and now children at a school in Times Territory have found that out for themselves.
Staff from Tesco's head office in WGC spent a day helping pupils at St Mary's Primary School in Welham Green give some of the school's outside areas a much needed boost.
The team renovated and restored both an overgrown wildlife area, and renovated the outdoor classroom for the school's reception class at the Dellsome Lane school.
And the pupils mucked in too, taking orders for tea, coffee and food, and congratulating the team at the end of the day by serenading them with their "well done" song.
You may also want to watch:
St Mary's head Jane Guy was delighted with the results. "It was fabulous," she said.
"Some of the staff even gave up their free time to come back the next day and finish the job. The amount they've got done is fabulous."
- 1 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 2 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 3 What time will the election results come in?
- 4 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 5 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 6 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 9 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 10 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
The project was organised by social enterprise company Get Connected, which encourages and supports businesses of any size to get more involved with the local community, by taking part in community projects just like the one between Tesco and St Mary's.
Get Connected chief executive Nicci Statham said: "In this instance, it was one of the best projects I have ever done. The school really went out of their way to make them feel appreciated."
Project manager Jason Holt, who by day is usually Tesco's technical manager, said: "It was a really worthwhile and rewarding day. It was great to put something back into the community."
For more information about the Get Connected enterprise, visit www.getcsrconnected.org.uk