Tesco denies Welwyn Garden City jobs cut rumours
TESCO bosses have denied rumours head office staff are facing the chop. The supermarket giant employs 3,000 workers at its base in Shire Park, WGC. A report in the Financial Mail on Sunday stated 'deeper than usual cuts' were planned this month. As report
TESCO bosses have denied rumours head office staff are facing the chop.
The supermarket giant employs 3,000 workers at its base in Shire Park, WGC.
A report in the Financial Mail on Sunday stated "deeper than usual cuts" were planned this month.
As reported in last week's WHT, 10 full-time warehouse workers are being made redundant at the supermarket's depot in Travellers Lane, Welham Green.
But a Tesco spokesman denied the potential loss of head office staff.
He said: "It's speculation.
- 1 County Lines supplier sentenced to four years in prison
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Co-op shop broken into
- 4 What is the future for The Howard Centre?
- 5 Construction begins on landmark University of Hertfordshire building
- 6 'Where are the housing reductions for Welwyn Garden City and Hatfield?'
- 7 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 8 Family first for O'Leary as accumulation of challenges leads to Potters Bar Town resignation
- 9 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 10 Lee O'Leary resigns as manager of Isthmian League Potters Bar Town
"I'm not aware of any cuts.