Tesco denies Welwyn Garden City jobs cut rumours
TESCO bosses have denied rumours head office staff are facing the chop. The supermarket giant employs 3,000 workers at its base in Shire Park, WGC. A report in the Financial Mail on Sunday stated 'deeper than usual cuts' were planned this month. As report
TESCO bosses have denied rumours head office staff are facing the chop.
The supermarket giant employs 3,000 workers at its base in Shire Park, WGC.
A report in the Financial Mail on Sunday stated "deeper than usual cuts" were planned this month.
As reported in last week's WHT, 10 full-time warehouse workers are being made redundant at the supermarket's depot in Travellers Lane, Welham Green.
You may also want to watch:
But a Tesco spokesman denied the potential loss of head office staff.
He said: "It's speculation.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 10 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
"I'm not aware of any cuts.