Tesco denies Welwyn Garden City jobs cut rumours
TESCO bosses have denied rumours head office staff are facing the chop. The supermarket giant employs 3,000 workers at its base in Shire Park, WGC. A report in the Financial Mail on Sunday stated 'deeper than usual cuts' were planned this month. As report
TESCO bosses have denied rumours head office staff are facing the chop.
The supermarket giant employs 3,000 workers at its base in Shire Park, WGC.
A report in the Financial Mail on Sunday stated "deeper than usual cuts" were planned this month.
As reported in last week's WHT, 10 full-time warehouse workers are being made redundant at the supermarket's depot in Travellers Lane, Welham Green.
You may also want to watch:
But a Tesco spokesman denied the potential loss of head office staff.
He said: "It's speculation.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
"I'm not aware of any cuts.