Tesco denies Welwyn Garden City jobs cut rumours
TESCO bosses have denied rumours head office staff are facing the chop. The supermarket giant employs 3,000 workers at its base in Shire Park, WGC. A report in the Financial Mail on Sunday stated 'deeper than usual cuts' were planned this month. As report
TESCO bosses have denied rumours head office staff are facing the chop.
The supermarket giant employs 3,000 workers at its base in Shire Park, WGC.
A report in the Financial Mail on Sunday stated "deeper than usual cuts" were planned this month.
As reported in last week's WHT, 10 full-time warehouse workers are being made redundant at the supermarket's depot in Travellers Lane, Welham Green.
You may also want to watch:
But a Tesco spokesman denied the potential loss of head office staff.
He said: "It's speculation.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 6 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Who are our Welwyn Hatfield candidates for Local Elections 2021?
"I'm not aware of any cuts.