Tesco bosses announce job losses in Welham Green
TESCO bosses are axing 10 staff at their warehouse in Welham Green. The full-time positions are likely to be skilled workers who have been asked to take voluntary redundancy. One worker from the depot at Travellers Lane
TESCO bosses are axing 10 staff at their warehouse in Welham Green.
The full-time positions are likely to be skilled workers who have been asked to take voluntary redundancy.
One worker from the depot at Travellers Lane contacted the WHT and said: "We think this is just the thin end of the wedge."
A Tesco spokesman said: "We regularly review our distribution network to ensure that it is able to support our stores in delivering the best possible service for our customers.
You may also want to watch:
"We are planning to create more than 10,000 jobs nationwide through store and distribution centre openings.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 4 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 5 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 6 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College