Tesco bosses announce job losses in Welham Green
TESCO bosses are axing 10 staff at their warehouse in Welham Green. The full-time positions are likely to be skilled workers who have been asked to take voluntary redundancy. One worker from the depot at Travellers Lane
TESCO bosses are axing 10 staff at their warehouse in Welham Green.
The full-time positions are likely to be skilled workers who have been asked to take voluntary redundancy.
One worker from the depot at Travellers Lane contacted the WHT and said: "We think this is just the thin end of the wedge."
A Tesco spokesman said: "We regularly review our distribution network to ensure that it is able to support our stores in delivering the best possible service for our customers.
You may also want to watch:
"We are planning to create more than 10,000 jobs nationwide through store and distribution centre openings.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses