Tesco bosses announce job losses in Welham Green
TESCO bosses are axing 10 staff at their warehouse in Welham Green. The full-time positions are likely to be skilled workers who have been asked to take voluntary redundancy. One worker from the depot at Travellers Lane
TESCO bosses are axing 10 staff at their warehouse in Welham Green.
The full-time positions are likely to be skilled workers who have been asked to take voluntary redundancy.
One worker from the depot at Travellers Lane contacted the WHT and said: "We think this is just the thin end of the wedge."
A Tesco spokesman said: "We regularly review our distribution network to ensure that it is able to support our stores in delivering the best possible service for our customers.
You may also want to watch:
"We are planning to create more than 10,000 jobs nationwide through store and distribution centre openings.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 5 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 9 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire