Tesco bosses announce job losses in Welham Green
TESCO bosses are axing 10 staff at their warehouse in Welham Green. The full-time positions are likely to be skilled workers who have been asked to take voluntary redundancy. One worker from the depot at Travellers Lane
TESCO bosses are axing 10 staff at their warehouse in Welham Green.
The full-time positions are likely to be skilled workers who have been asked to take voluntary redundancy.
One worker from the depot at Travellers Lane contacted the WHT and said: "We think this is just the thin end of the wedge."
A Tesco spokesman said: "We regularly review our distribution network to ensure that it is able to support our stores in delivering the best possible service for our customers.
You may also want to watch:
"We are planning to create more than 10,000 jobs nationwide through store and distribution centre openings.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement