Tesco axes 80 more jobs in Welwyn Garden City
AROUND 80 more jobs are set to go from Tesco's headquarters in WGC. Members of the design planning section and a number of development managers, from the Shire Park base, are facing redundancy. The news comes a month after the WHT exclusively revealed the
AROUND 80 more jobs are set to go from Tesco's headquarters in WGC.
Members of the design planning section and a number of development managers, from the Shire Park base, are facing redundancy.
The news comes a month after the WHT exclusively revealed the supermarket giant was transferring 20 posts from its WGC headquarters to Bangalore in India.
Back then, a Tesco spokesman denied reports of 100 staff losing their jobs
You may also want to watch:
But this week a spokeswoman confirmed about 80 workers were facing the chop.
She said: "Every year as we finalise our budgets we review the work carried out in our offices to ensure we are working as simply and efficiently as possible.
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
"This year we are focussing on investing in our stores and reducing prices for customers and to help us do this we are making changes that will affect a very small number of jobs in our offices."
Tesco employs 3,000 people at Shire Park.
* Have you been affected? Contact the newsdesk on 01707 384180.