Tesco axes 80 more jobs in Welwyn Garden City
AROUND 80 more jobs are set to go from Tesco's headquarters in WGC. Members of the design planning section and a number of development managers, from the Shire Park base, are facing redundancy. The news comes a month after the WHT exclusively revealed the
AROUND 80 more jobs are set to go from Tesco's headquarters in WGC.
Members of the design planning section and a number of development managers, from the Shire Park base, are facing redundancy.
The news comes a month after the WHT exclusively revealed the supermarket giant was transferring 20 posts from its WGC headquarters to Bangalore in India.
Back then, a Tesco spokesman denied reports of 100 staff losing their jobs
You may also want to watch:
But this week a spokeswoman confirmed about 80 workers were facing the chop.
She said: "Every year as we finalise our budgets we review the work carried out in our offices to ensure we are working as simply and efficiently as possible.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 9 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 10 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
"This year we are focussing on investing in our stores and reducing prices for customers and to help us do this we are making changes that will affect a very small number of jobs in our offices."
Tesco employs 3,000 people at Shire Park.
* Have you been affected? Contact the newsdesk on 01707 384180.