Tesco axes 80 more jobs in Welwyn Garden City
AROUND 80 more jobs are set to go from Tesco's headquarters in WGC. Members of the design planning section and a number of development managers, from the Shire Park base, are facing redundancy. The news comes a month after the WHT exclusively revealed the
AROUND 80 more jobs are set to go from Tesco's headquarters in WGC.
Members of the design planning section and a number of development managers, from the Shire Park base, are facing redundancy.
The news comes a month after the WHT exclusively revealed the supermarket giant was transferring 20 posts from its WGC headquarters to Bangalore in India.
Back then, a Tesco spokesman denied reports of 100 staff losing their jobs
You may also want to watch:
But this week a spokeswoman confirmed about 80 workers were facing the chop.
She said: "Every year as we finalise our budgets we review the work carried out in our offices to ensure we are working as simply and efficiently as possible.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
"This year we are focussing on investing in our stores and reducing prices for customers and to help us do this we are making changes that will affect a very small number of jobs in our offices."
Tesco employs 3,000 people at Shire Park.
* Have you been affected? Contact the newsdesk on 01707 384180.