Tesco axes 80 more jobs in Welwyn Garden City
AROUND 80 more jobs are set to go from Tesco's headquarters in WGC. Members of the design planning section and a number of development managers, from the Shire Park base, are facing redundancy. The news comes a month after the WHT exclusively revealed the
AROUND 80 more jobs are set to go from Tesco's headquarters in WGC.
Members of the design planning section and a number of development managers, from the Shire Park base, are facing redundancy.
The news comes a month after the WHT exclusively revealed the supermarket giant was transferring 20 posts from its WGC headquarters to Bangalore in India.
Back then, a Tesco spokesman denied reports of 100 staff losing their jobs
You may also want to watch:
But this week a spokeswoman confirmed about 80 workers were facing the chop.
She said: "Every year as we finalise our budgets we review the work carried out in our offices to ensure we are working as simply and efficiently as possible.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
"This year we are focussing on investing in our stores and reducing prices for customers and to help us do this we are making changes that will affect a very small number of jobs in our offices."
Tesco employs 3,000 people at Shire Park.
* Have you been affected? Contact the newsdesk on 01707 384180.